SSRS 2019 Report Services Prompting for username and password

Copper Contributor

I have installed SQL server 2019 reporting services, created my data sources and reports. Data sources are using SQL server authentication. I have set the service account to Network Service and even a domain account. Report Server is running in Native mode. Executing account is also a domain account. When I connect to a report using the Report web url, I get windows prompt from windows credentials. I get the prompt with both localhost and the FQDN

How do I avoid the prompt? Please help.

5 Replies

SSRS has it's own permission system, independent of your Windows AD permissions.

Start your browser with "Run as admin" and navigate to SSRS, there to "Side Setting" => "Security" and add your account to "Admin" role.

See also Grant user access to a report server - SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) | Microsoft Learn

Thanks for the response.

My account is already added to the admin role and I still get the prompt to log in after an SSRS restart.

Do I need to enable Windows authentication via server manager? 

Which browser are you using?

E.g. FireFox don't pass your Windows authentication automatically to SSRS; here is the browser itself the problem. Set the checkbox to save your credential in browser cache.

@Nzemski, I have experiencing the exact same issue!