SQL Server 2019 problems deploying reports

Copper Contributor

I have an Windows Server 2019 in the cloud with Visual Studio 2019 and SQL Server 2019 installed on it.  When I try to deploy reports to the same server (i.e. local server - I do use the hostname and not "local server") I get this error:

===================================
Could not connect to the report server https://xxxxxxxxxxxxx/ReportServer. Verify that the TargetServerURL is valid and that you have the correct permissions to connect to the report server. (Microsoft SQL Server Report Designer)
The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel. (System.Web.Services)
------------------------------
Program Location:
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request)
   at ReportServiceClient2010.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request)
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
   at Microsoft.SqlServer.ReportingServices2010.ReportingService2010.ListItemTypes()
   at Microsoft.SqlServer.ReportingServices2010.RSConnection2010.<ListItemTypes>b__127_0()
   at Microsoft.SqlServer.ReportingServices2010.RSConnection2010.SoapMethodWrapper`1.ExecuteMethod(Boolean setConnectionProtocol)
   at Microsoft.SqlServer.ReportingServices2010.RSConnection2010.ListItemTypes()
   at ReportServiceClient2010.CheckAuthenticated()
   at Microsoft.ReportDesigner.Project.ReportClientManager.DetectEndpointAndAuthenticate(String url, ICredentials credentials, String& authCookieName, Cookie& authCookie, EndpointType& endpointType)
   at Microsoft.ReportDesigner.Project.ReportClientManager.DetectEndpointAndAuthenticate(String url, ConnectionProperties& connectionProperties)
   at Microsoft.ReportDesigner.Project.ReportClientManager.GetCredentials(String url, CancelFlag cancelFlag, IPromptCreds promptCredentials)
   at Microsoft.ReportDesigner.Project.ReportProjectDeployer.PrepareDeploy()
The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure. (System)
------------------------------
Program Location:
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartSendAuthResetSignal(ProtocolToken message, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest, Exception exception)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.CheckCompletionBeforeNextReceive(ProtocolToken message, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartSendBlob(Byte[] incoming, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessReceivedBlob(Byte[] buffer, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReadFrame(Byte[] buffer, Int32 readBytes, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReceiveBlob(Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.CheckCompletionBeforeNextReceive(ProtocolToken message, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartSendBlob(Byte[] incoming, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessReceivedBlob(Byte[] buffer, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReadFrame(Byte[] buffer, Int32 readBytes, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReceiveBlob(Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.ForceAuthentication(Boolean receiveFirst, Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult lazyResult)
   at System.Net.TlsStream.CallProcessAuthentication(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Net.TlsStream.ProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult result)
   at System.Net.TlsStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
   at System.Net.PooledStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
   at System.Net.ConnectStream.WriteHeaders(Boolean async)

If I use the same user on my laptop and deploy to the server using Visual Studio I do not have any problems.

I can preview the report on my laptop and on the server in Visual Studio with no problem.

If I try to open the report on my laptop in IE I get this error:

"An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)

Cannot create a connection to data source 'xxxxxxxxx'. (rsErrorOpeningConnection)

For more information about this error navigate to the report server on the local server machine, or enable remote errors"

Any ideas what may be causing my problem?

Fred

0 Replies