SQL Server 2019 problems deploying reports

Copper Contributor

I have an Windows Server 2019 in the cloud with Visual Studio 2019 and SQL Server 2019 installed on it.  When I try to deploy reports to the same server (i.e. local server - I do use the hostname and not "local server") I get this error:

===================================
Could not connect to the report server https://xxxxxxxxxxxxx/ReportServer. Verify that the TargetServerURL is valid and that you have the correct permissions to connect to the report server. (Microsoft SQL Server Report Designer)
The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel. (System.Web.Services)
------------------------------
Program Location:
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request)
   at ReportServiceClient2010.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request)
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
   at Microsoft.SqlServer.ReportingServices2010.ReportingService2010.ListItemTypes()
   at Microsoft.SqlServer.ReportingServices2010.RSConnection2010.<ListItemTypes>b__127_0()
   at Microsoft.SqlServer.ReportingServices2010.RSConnection2010.SoapMethodWrapper`1.ExecuteMethod(Boolean setConnectionProtocol)
   at Microsoft.SqlServer.ReportingServices2010.RSConnection2010.ListItemTypes()
   at ReportServiceClient2010.CheckAuthenticated()
   at Microsoft.ReportDesigner.Project.ReportClientManager.DetectEndpointAndAuthenticate(String url, ICredentials credentials, String& authCookieName, Cookie& authCookie, EndpointType& endpointType)
   at Microsoft.ReportDesigner.Project.ReportClientManager.DetectEndpointAndAuthenticate(String url, ConnectionProperties& connectionProperties)
   at Microsoft.ReportDesigner.Project.ReportClientManager.GetCredentials(String url, CancelFlag cancelFlag, IPromptCreds promptCredentials)
   at Microsoft.ReportDesigner.Project.ReportProjectDeployer.PrepareDeploy()
The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure. (System)
------------------------------
Program Location:
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartSendAuthResetSignal(ProtocolToken message, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest, Exception exception)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.CheckCompletionBeforeNextReceive(ProtocolToken message, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartSendBlob(Byte[] incoming, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessReceivedBlob(Byte[] buffer, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReadFrame(Byte[] buffer, Int32 readBytes, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReceiveBlob(Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.CheckCompletionBeforeNextReceive(ProtocolToken message, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartSendBlob(Byte[] incoming, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessReceivedBlob(Byte[] buffer, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReadFrame(Byte[] buffer, Int32 readBytes, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReceiveBlob(Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.ForceAuthentication(Boolean receiveFirst, Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult lazyResult)
   at System.Net.TlsStream.CallProcessAuthentication(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Net.TlsStream.ProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult result)
   at System.Net.TlsStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
   at System.Net.PooledStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
   at System.Net.ConnectStream.WriteHeaders(Boolean async)

If I use the same user on my laptop and deploy to the server using Visual Studio I do not have any problems.

I can preview the report on my laptop and on the server in Visual Studio with no problem.

If I try to open the report on my laptop in IE I get this error:
  • "An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)
  • Cannot create a connection to data source 'xxxxxxxxx'. (rsErrorOpeningConnection)
    • For more information about this error navigate to the report server on the local server machine, or enable remote errors"

Any ideas what may be causing my problem?

Fred

•  
0 Replies