Not able to add listener IP and Port to the secondary instance on the server

Copper Contributor

When I am trying to add listener IP and port to the secondary instance on the server, I am getting the following error. Where I am able to add successfully on primary instance. (Both my primary instance and secondary instance on the same server)

Error Screenshot attached.

Create failed for Availability Group Listener 'SQLCDB01Temp'. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo)The WSFC cluster could not bring the Network Name resource with DNS name 'SQLCDB01Temp' online. The DNS name may have been taken or have a conflict with existing name services, or the WSFC cluster service may not be running or may be inaccessible. Use a different DNS name to resolve name conflicts, or check the WSFC cluster log for more information. The attempt to create the network name and IP address for the listener failed. The WSFC service may not be running or may be inaccessible in its current state, or the values provided for the network name and IP address may be incorrect. Check the state of the WSFC duster and validate the network name and IP address with the network administrator. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 19471)

1 Reply
Hi Bhanu ,
It could be because of the permissions for cluster name object (CNO) in the active directory to create and read the listener object.

Please refer to the below article :
https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/sql-server-support/create-listener-fails-with-message-the-wsf...