SOLVED

MSOLEDBSQL19 The certificate chain was issued by an authority that is not trusted.

Copper Contributor

hello

Migration from MSOLEDBSQL to MSOLEDBSQL19

We got the certificate from database admin. I installed it into Trusted Root Certification Authorities on Windows Server 2022.
Got error: "Client unable to establish connection SSL Provider: The certificate chain was issued by an authority that is not trusted."

The same error with ODBC 18. 

2 Replies
Hi,

> Client unable to establish connection SSL provider: The certificate chain was issued by an authority that is not trusted

You should contact your database admin since if I understand you correctly, you do not have permission to create the certification or configure the server. He will be able to come here and provide more information as well.

This is why there is an admin. Let him do his job :)
best response confirmed by dburtsev (Copper Contributor)
Solution

There is one certificate file with three certificates inside. When I imported the certificate file into MS Management Console Trusted Root Certification Authorities, I got the message: The import was successful. But when you open the certificate in MMC, you see message: This certificate cannot be verified up to a trusted certification authority. In certification path we have **Root**, **EMEA**, and **.com certificates. The solution was to install **Root** certificate. Now it works as expected.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by dburtsev (Copper Contributor)
Solution

There is one certificate file with three certificates inside. When I imported the certificate file into MS Management Console Trusted Root Certification Authorities, I got the message: The import was successful. But when you open the certificate in MMC, you see message: This certificate cannot be verified up to a trusted certification authority. In certification path we have **Root**, **EMEA**, and **.com certificates. The solution was to install **Root** certificate. Now it works as expected.

View solution in original post