I have Visual Studio 2022 and SQL Server 2022 (same versions) on 2 machines. DB file only works on 1

Copper Contributor
Hi

I have a database file that I am able to connect to SQL Server 2022 using Visual Studio 2022 on computer_1, but when I move that file to computer_2 (also with the same versions of SQL Server 2022 and Visual Studio 2022) I get the error in the first image, "the file is not compatible with Current instance of SQL Server". If I upgrade the file on the computer_2, it can be attached, BUT when I move the file back to the original machine, I get the error in the second image, "the file cannot be opened because it is version 904"....must be converted.jpgwrong version.jpg

Both computers have the most recent versions of SQL Server 2022 and Visual Studio 2022. Both computers have previous versions of SQL Server. It is as if the second computer is not using the same server as the first.

The file was originally created in Visual Studio 2010, but again, works fine with SQL Server 2022 on computer_1.

Does anyone know how I can clarify this situation and force the two machines to use the same versions of SQL Server (if that is the problem)?

Note: I have confirmed the versions of SQL Server 2022 and Visual Studio 2022. They are the same.

Thanks!

0 Replies