SOLVED

Error: 0xC0202071 with data flow task... You may need this package execute as administrator

Copper Contributor

Hello,

in my environment with SQL Server 2019 CU4 using SSIS in Visual Studio, I try to load a flat file to a table in SQL Server.

The data flow task is erroneous: I got following error message:

Error: 0xC0202071 with data flow task, SQL Server-T501T [27]: Bulk copying of data not possible. You may need this package execute as administrator.

Any help/hint will be appreciated!

Thank you!

Alexandru

1 Reply
best response confirmed by Alexandru1190 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

I found the solution in an old ticket on this site:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ie/help/2009672/you-may-get-unable-to-prepare-the-ssis-bulk-insert-...

If you are running the package from either SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) or Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS) or DTExecUI.exe, launch those tools under the elevated Administrator account. To do this, click Start , point to All Programs , point to Visual Studio , right-click the tool you are using and then click Run as administrator. This launches the application with elevated privileges of the Built In Administrator account and the package executes successfully.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Alexandru1190 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

I found the solution in an old ticket on this site:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ie/help/2009672/you-may-get-unable-to-prepare-the-ssis-bulk-insert-...

If you are running the package from either SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) or Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS) or DTExecUI.exe, launch those tools under the elevated Administrator account. To do this, click Start , point to All Programs , point to Visual Studio , right-click the tool you are using and then click Run as administrator. This launches the application with elevated privileges of the Built In Administrator account and the package executes successfully.

View solution in original post