DISTRIBUTED AVAILABILITY GROUP IN SQL SERVER 2016

Copper Contributor

Hello All,

This is my first question in this community and I'm looking for experts advice for enabling Distributed Availability Group - DAG  in SQL Server 2016.

Scenario:  Server A and Server B are in  Domain1 with SQL SERVER 2016 EE, Sp2, CU12.

Availability Group ( AG ) is set up with Server A as primary Replica and B as Secondary

Brand new serves Server C and Server D are in DOMAIN2 with SQL SERVER 2016 EE, Sp2, CU12.

Availability Group (AG_AD) is  set up with Server C as primary Replica and D as Secondary

While Establishing DAG between Server A and Server C.

DAG get created but the secondary replica ( server C ) shows a red x mark under Available Replicas. Unable to make it working to ensure the secondary is connected.

Steps performed so far:

1. Server Accounts granted access on both servers.

2. Endpoints has been recreated freshly and ensured service accounts has access to it.

3. Listener is configured on new AG_AD and tested working performance with a test db.

4. TCP port used ( 5022 in my case ) is enabled on server side to ensure telnet is happening.

Feeling Stumped at this moment and need advise from anyone who has comeacross same or similar issue in establishing Distributed AG.

Thanks

1 Reply
The issue was solved by recreating the endpoints with Owner that is different from service accounts which would be later granted access to use those endpoints

Once this was complete and tlog backups disabled as DAG establishment with auto seeding enabled won’t synchronise I’d log hain is mixed up. Tlog backups of primary should be stay disabled until the DAG DBs synchronises completely

Thanks!