can not able to delete registry key SuperSocketNetLi after uninstalled microsoft SQL server 2008 r2

Copper Contributor

hi

after installed sql 2008 r2 i got sql engin failed , so i managed to clean uninstall then install again

i can not able to delete key at registry

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10_50.MSSQLSERVER\MSSQLServer\SuperSocketNetLi]

i got error message

i tried to use option2:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/regdelnull

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10_50.MSSQLSERVER\MSSQLServer\SuperSocketNetLi*

Delete? (y/n) y

Error opening for delete:
The system cannot find the file specified.
Scan complete.

this bug is microsoft SQL Team and should know how to fix it ?? please advice and give instructions

4 Replies

The uninstall process has failed... you need to ensure the uninstall is clean, before proceeding.

Try to consider a reboot after uninstall.

btw, try to install from a diferent iso... ensure also the OS is compatible with your SQL version

do you mean install different ISO of same version 2008 R2, like install standard instead of Enterprise?

en_sql_server_2008_r2_standard_x86_x64_ia64_dvd_521546.iso

i am using windows 7 x64 ultimate OS

i downloaded en_sql_server_2008_r2_standard_x86_x64_ia64_dvd_521546.iso and started installation, but before install finish i got same error of "Could not find the Database Engine startup handle"

Could not find the Database Engine startup handle.png

and sql engin does not start

i attached full log, so i need to know by steps how to fix that issue ?