SOLVED

Bacis SQL Maintenance Plan

Copper Contributor

I am not officially a DBA, but found myself having to manage an SQL server. And the server is in the cloud, and its backup is taken care of by the cloud service provider.

I've found this video which looks simple to follow. Would you guys recommend I do like he says? Any significant risk involved?

6 Replies
I am not going to watch the whole video to guess at the end, what you may want.
Please describe which kind of maintenance you are looking for.
I'm looking for a standard way to keep my DBs in good shape. You can say a best practice.
I appreciate you've given me this suggestion. And I am not very comfortable with scripts and prefer a GUI method.
You only have to run the script, it creates everything incl. SQL Server-Agents jobs for scheduling.
And you can edit the jobs using SSMS GUI.
best response confirmed by Seaoar (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Last night, I tried the plan in the video on an old server, and it looks like it's worked fine. And having watched the video again to do that, I noticed him mention he has another video about Ola Halengren's considering that GUI is easier.

So I decided to go with the GUI for now, and find time later to learn about Ola Halengren's.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Seaoar (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Last night, I tried the plan in the video on an old server, and it looks like it's worked fine. And having watched the video again to do that, I noticed him mention he has another video about Ola Halengren's considering that GUI is easier.

So I decided to go with the GUI for now, and find time later to learn about Ola Halengren's.

View solution in original post