Microsoft announced today the release of SQL Server Migration Assistant (SSMA) v5.0, a family of products to further simplify the user experience in automating the migration of Oracle, Sybase, MySQL and Microsoft Access databases to SQL server or SQL Azure. Microsoft announced today v5.0 release of SQL Server Migration Assistant (SSMA) family of products. It contains a refresh of SSMA family of products for Sybase, Oracle, MySQL and Access.
What’s New in this Release?
With this wave of release, customers can now migrate to any edition of SQL Server including the free Express edition.
Using SSMA Tool:
(2008 R2, 2008, 2005, “Denali”)
SSMA for Sybase
(New in SSMA 5.0)
SSMA for Oracle
SSMA for MySQL
SSMA for Access
· Support for migrating to SQL Server “Denali”
· Multi-thread data migration for improved scale and performance.
· Globalization support for migrating non-English databases to SQL Server.
· Support for installation for SSMA Extension Pack on clustered SQL Server environments.
· Sybase migration enhancements:
o Support for migration to SQL Azure
o Extended data access connectivity to Sybase ASE ADO.NET and ASE ODBC providers
o Support for conversion of case sensitive Sybase database to case sensitive SQL Server
o Extended support for conversion of Non-ANSI joins for DELETE and UPDATE statements
o Removed dependency on separate SYSDB database on target SQL Server
· Report use of Oracle’s User Defined Type in the database object and inside PL/SQL