While actively messaging next message shows in Outlook as "Missed Conversation" not S4B

Copper Contributor

See image below. I was actively messaging with this person when Skype for Business stopped showing the responses from the other person, but then several minutes later, I get a "Missed conversation" in Outlook.

This happens a lot to me, so I use Teams to communicate with others. Since, my colleagues prefer using Skype for Business (while it's still available), if anyone has any ideas on things I can do to troubleshoot this issue, I would be very grateful.

Example of "Missed Conversation"Example of "Missed Conversation"

2 Replies

@jtcne 

Hello,

do you have on-premise S4B environment? What coexsitence mode is used for you (eg. Island mode).

If everybody is in Island mode, all chat initiated from Skype client will be routed to Skype, and all Teams chat will go Teams client.

Have a look the Table 1.a from the documentation: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/coexistence-chat-calls-presence

Regards,

Zoltan

@IstvanffyZ 

Hi Zoltan,

I appreciate your response. 

For Skype for Business, we are strictly using the Office 365, no on-premise server.  I'm on a Microsoft 365 license, however, in the same Azure AD domain.

Thanks!

John