Turn off 'Missed conversation' emails

Copper Contributor

Allthough SfB is working great in our company, there is one thing that's keeping us busy.

It's the 'Missed conversation' email that Skype is sending to Outlook. It wouldn't be a problem if it was once a day or twice a week, but my colleages (Windows) and I (Mac) are receiving a lot of these messages all day long, even though we're online all day and SfB is turned on.

Is there a way to turn off these notifications?

Thanks!

3 Replies

I get these often when I'm online with multiple clients (2 windows, 1 mac, 1 iphone) etc.  The messages don't always alert consistently across the devices and then it marks the ones as missed and sends me the email.  It may have something to do with a stale SIP session on mobile where APNS isn't getting the alerts through correctly.

The only suggestion I've seen to get around this would be to create a rule in Outlook to send them into deleted items.  I'm not sure that's a great solution if you actually want to see these when you really miss a message. 

I would advise keeping one "active" Skype session and logging out of the others when possible - especially mobile - to see if they reduce or go away entirely.

Thanks for your reply. We're all using the app on a daily basis, so we don't need a reminder to check for missed messages. I thought it would be as easy as Facebook, just turning off email reminders. So, I'm quite surprised that there seems to be no 'real' solution (so far), other than creating a rule in Outlook.

Thanks!

Strange that its not a option to disable. You could maybe make a transportrule on the exchange server  for email containing the topic 'Missed Conversation" to have it be deleted before reaching the users?