(Some) Missing photos in S4B contacts

Copper Contributor

Hi together!

We are using S4B in our company and have for some time the problem that in the S4B-client (Windows 10) in some contacts the profile photos (of the AD) are missing! Only the grey anonymous circle is displayed. This effect differs from computer to computer (or rather the effected colleagues and their photos) - on the one machine the photos of the colleagues a, b, c are missing, on the other machine the photos of colleagues x, y, z and so on! 

On a MAC-computer of one of my colleagues and further on the S4B-app on the smartphone the misfunction is not there, all photos are displayed!

Summary => this is definitely a Client Problem!

I have done all the known things and tips and troubleshooting, from inserting the AD photo as a *.cache file into the folder "C:\Users\<UID>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Lync\sip_<E-Mail>\Photo", the deletion of the S4B profile "sip_<E-Mail>" or its sub-directory "sip_<E-Mail>\Photo" until the deletion of single files like "UCSGroupsContacts.cache" or "PresencePhoto.cache"!

I have checked the possible settings in the S4B client and Outlook too (which are responsible for displaying/hiding the contact photos)
Nothing helped, nothing was wrong set up!

Does anybody know a tip or a workaround how to solve this misfunction?

Regards

Thomas

0 Replies