Skype Room System v2 issues

Copper Contributor

We've got SRSv2 Logitech Smartdocks, which are generally proving very good.  However, we're seeing a couple of bugs that I would like to highlight and would be interested to know if anyone has found a workaround to:

1) We have a fairly regular experience where the units log out and won't log back in.  It appears that if there is any blip in connectivity they don't try to reconnect (e.g. we had a failover between firewalls that took down connectivity for only a second or so and all the units dropped offline and stayed offline).  A unit reboot always solves the problem, but that's not a great experience if you're wanting to make a prompt start to a meeting, and it also scares some less savvy users.

2) We have one meeting room where the screen is set to go to switch off after a period of inactivity. When you turn the screen on, the SRS unit recognises that the screen is on, but it just displays a grey screen rather than the actual content.  Again, a unit reboot solves the problem, but it's a pain.

Any solutions welcome, but it feels like things that could be resolved quite easily with a software fix.

6 Replies

Point 2....I've got the exact same problem with one of my 3 live units however only one that's doing it.

Been an issue since release of V3.0.0.0

Tried installing the deploymentkit now, and it says its version 3.0.10.0.

What version are you guys on?

We no longer have issue 2 because we changed the screen to be the same model as our other units.  It seems to have been the way the other screen went to standby that caused the issue

We have a more serious problem at the moment that none of our units can sign in for no obvious reason.

This is still a major issue for us but I feel it's a fault that MS should resolve, swapping the monitor is just masking the problem. Come on MS, pull your finger out!!!!

Agree this really should be sorted by MS. SRS has the potential to be brilliant, but these little bugs currently make it more painful than it should be.