SOLVED

Skype for business is not generating conference ID

Copper Contributor

Hi,

We have O365 E3 license which comes along with Skype for business. We want to use Skype for business for meetings. But when I try to schedule Skype for business, I'm not getting a conference ID.

Why am I not getting a conference ID?What seems to be the issue and how to resolve it?

Please refer the image below for the issue 

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Siddarth Hegde

9 Replies

Check the Office 365 Admin portal and make sure the feature for Conferencing is enabled.  If it is enable turn off the feature and then re-select it.    We had to do that before when we first enabled some of our users and allowed for conferencing.   It's been working smooth ever since.   

Hi Bill,

Sorry for the late reply. Was out for the weekend. Will check this and let you know

Regards,

Siddarth Hegde

Hi,

I de-select and reselect conference but still not working

Screen Shot 2018-05-28 at 12.11.15 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-05-28 at 12.12.13 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-05-28 at 12.12.51 PM.png

Is there any other settings I need to check

Regards,

Siddarth Hegde

Sorry for the delay.  Do you try the toggle off the switch at the user level then back on again? 

This field is empty. What to do? If I have to do it, how to do it?

Screen Shot 2018-06-20 at 11.51.20 AM.png

best response confirmed by Siddarth Hegde (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi, you do not see a conferencing ID because you don't have any Audio Conferencing licenses assigned to your users. Audio Conferencing licenses provide PSTN dial-in capabilities for your meetings, which is the scenario that uses conference ID's. Audio Conferencing licenses are not included with the E3 plans that you have, and must be purchased as a separate add-on for the users that you wish to provide with this capability. Once you have assigned an Audio Conferencing add-on license to a user, any conferences / meetings scheduled by that user will have a PSTN conferencing number appended to their meeting invites, along with a conference ID. 

Audio Conferencing add-on used to be called PSTN dial-in conferencing add-on, which perhaps makes it a bit clearer for you. Microsoft complicated the understanding of this license by renaming it to Audio Conferencing add-on. Without this license Skype users have web conferencing capabilities whereby other users can join their meetings by using the meeting join URL (no conference ID required which is why you don't see it), but for someone to join by telephone (where the conference ID is required) the scheduler must have the Audio Conferencing add-on assigned to them.

Kind regards
Ben

Good Call Ben!   I've been on E5 so long i forgot they aren't included in the E3 plan.   LOL~  

Thanks Ben,

This made it clear for me.
Thanks Bill,

I really appreciated all the help and time you provided me in this issue
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Siddarth Hegde (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi, you do not see a conferencing ID because you don't have any Audio Conferencing licenses assigned to your users. Audio Conferencing licenses provide PSTN dial-in capabilities for your meetings, which is the scenario that uses conference ID's. Audio Conferencing licenses are not included with the E3 plans that you have, and must be purchased as a separate add-on for the users that you wish to provide with this capability. Once you have assigned an Audio Conferencing add-on license to a user, any conferences / meetings scheduled by that user will have a PSTN conferencing number appended to their meeting invites, along with a conference ID. 

Audio Conferencing add-on used to be called PSTN dial-in conferencing add-on, which perhaps makes it a bit clearer for you. Microsoft complicated the understanding of this license by renaming it to Audio Conferencing add-on. Without this license Skype users have web conferencing capabilities whereby other users can join their meetings by using the meeting join URL (no conference ID required which is why you don't see it), but for someone to join by telephone (where the conference ID is required) the scheduler must have the Audio Conferencing add-on assigned to them.

Kind regards
Ben

View solution in original post