Sending email invites from the Mac client

Copper Contributor

Hi

Apologies if this has already been asked.

We've started using Skype for Business, and a few of us have installed the new Mac client.

One problem we have found is whereas inviting external users to a meeting via email is fairly straight forward on a PC, we can't find the equivalent functionality on the Mac client.

Is this supported yet, or are we missing something?

Many thanks

13 Replies

Hi,

the only method i know is to create the meeting from Outlook for Mac. Create a new meeting and then choose Online Meeting from the ribbon. That should fit your needs.

greets

Jörg

I use Outlook 15.29 with Office 365 and can invite from my ClientScreen Shot 2016-11-08 at 09.20.16.png

Thanks for the screenshot, that's the way i tried to discribe :)

Hi

Thanks , this helps. I am also able to use a Feature on windows Laptops where the Audio Dial in Details and the confrerence code details are also available when we schedule a skype meeting on windows , the same is not getting populated in MAC

Is you Outlook accout set up as an Exchange/Office 365 account?

I have no problems, got the same information on my Mac/PC as information is provided from Office 365

Skype meeting Mac.png

We are seeing the same thing. The Online Meeting button exists, but we always receive this message:

Cannot Schedule Online Meeting
You cannot schedule this online meeting because there might be issues with your sign in account. Make sure you are signed in to the same you use for Microsoft Outlook. If the problem continues, contact your System Administrator.

We are signed it to the same account. Clicking on the meetings tab in Skype for Business pulls our meeting invites and offers join buttons. Clicking on a chat or call contact returns their Exchange / Office 365 contact details. Every bit of integration between the two works, except the ability to create a Skype meeting. Right now Mac users are forced to login to the Office 365 web interface to create Skype meetings.

i'm also getting this issue creating a skype meeting on mac outlook.

I tried installing Lync as some people have said this makes it work.

But i've had no success.

We ran into a similar issue - but found that the users' sign-in address for Skype for Business for Mac didn't match the authentication information for Outlook 2016.

We had to change the Skype login to match the authentication   user@domain.com so both matched and were able to get it to work.  There are a lot of other posts indicating that the credentials MUST match between the two.

They do match. Further, it works on every platform besides Mac with the same credentials.

Same issue here. Double checked that signed in to SkypeFB with same email as Outlook, but getting this error (after first sending - I get a beep and it doesn't send, then try again and spinning for 5+min): 

You must be signed into Skype for Business (Lync) before working with online meetings in Outlook. Sign into Skype for Business (Lync) and try again.

Confirms this functionality WORKS when sending internally to the company, but not externally to other o365 users on another domain. Any suggestions? Is there a hidden Skype id somewhere that I should be using instead?

I was experiencing the same issues as described here, namely the "Cannot Schedule Online Meeting
You cannot schedule this online meeting because there might be issues with your sign in account. Make sure you are signed in to the same you use for Microsoft Outlook. If the problem continues, contact your System Administrator." error message.

Once I logged in to Skype for Business and had it open while scheduling the meeting I was able to get the Skype meeting info added to the invite.

Odd that the SFB app has to be running, but... at least there is a way to make it work.

I have the same login problem when i´m on my home network I can´t login to Skype and book online meetings. But if I connect to VPN I have no problems. I think I better report this problem, to our Exchange administrator

Skype Login Home IP.pngSkype login VPN.png

Today I can login to Skype/Booke online meetings from Outlook on my home network again. The problem I had yesterday,  was my two factor authentication, did´nt send me an approve request ;)