Public vs. Private meeting Skype Meeting

Brass Contributor

Our tenant was recently switched to enable Dynamic IDs.   We would like our default option to use Public Meetings though so our team can continue ot use the dial-in ID they have been assigned and memorized.  

Using Set-CsMeetingConfiguration, we set the following properties:  

EnableAssignedConferenceType : True

AssignedConferenceTypeByDefault : True 

Which we thought would enable private meetings, but have Public be the default.  

It seems like new meetings are Private by default and we can't find anywhere in the Outlook UI when setting up the meeting to change that.

Has anyone else tried using this configuration?  Is there something we are missing?

Thanks!

6 Replies
Hello Dan,

Hope I can be of help. Could you message me your tenant details (Username / URI)? Are you hosted on our Skype for Business cloud or on-premise offering?

Thanks,

-Subbu
Public / Private would seem to denote whether the conferenceID changes for each instance of a recurring meeting. My tenant is following the default of creating public meetings correctly.

I think you can request to disable dynamic conferenceIDs entirely through support.

Steve - 

we are looking to have both options.   As a default I'd like meetings to be private with a dynamic ID, but I would like the original static ID that was created for each user to be available too.   This way they could use the ID to setup impromptu meetings without having to go through Skype or Outlook to do so.

Is that how you are using in your org - or did you just stick with the public meetings option?

Thanks.

We're rolling PSTN Conferencing out in a few weeks, replacing an existing Intercall system (with static conferenceIDs). I'm expecting we're going to hear a significant amount of moaning, but pushing people to use Skype meetings is also something we want to do, so we will empasise the positives of separating meetings, using the App to join rather than lots of keys etc.

We have a very small number of scenarios where we dont want dynamicIDs, and I'm experiemnting with daily recurring meetings to fix the number as static.

Thanks - we were in the same situation, although since when we switched all Skype offered was static the transition was seamless and the previous static meeting IDs actually still work, but I was looking for something for new accounts and officially supported.

Hello Dan,

The MeetingConfiguration values you mention, they control whether the meeting space itself (meet.lync.com url) is provisioned new everytime a user schedules a meeting on his/her calendar.

Your requirement AFAIU is to be able to use your static/assigned dial-in PSTN information to be able to dialin to meetings, which is a different capability.

I would advise you to contact support with this request, and they would advise the best way forward to satisfy your requirement.

Thanks,

-Subbu