Missed call email notifications

Brass Contributor

Hi,

I have some users in a Cloud PBX only enviroment who are receiving missed call email notifications.

I have unchecked the 'Send an email message to my Inbox when i miss a phone call' option in the portal's General mail settings which i think used to work but has no affect currently.

Does anyone know if these can be turned off?

10 Replies

Hi Richard, thanks for your inquiry. I've seen this before and it's typically related to the Save button. One thing to try is go back to those settings and uncheck the box if it has defaulted back and click the Save button at the top. Then click off the page and then go back to it to ensure the change takes. I've seen users not realize the Save option is at the top, and others not wait until the Save refreshes before closing - it can be a little sensitive. I just tested on my machine before and after and am no longer getting the missed call notifications. Hope that works for you. Thanks so much, Deb

I can't find where to set this setting.  Can you point me in the right direction?

Thank you

Sure thing Niles. 1. In Outlook, go to your File menu and click Manage VoiceMail at the bottom. This should launch your O365 settings page (you can also log directly into your portal and navigate to the settings). 2. Under General -> Voice mail -> Notifications, uncheck the box that says Send an email message to my Inbox when I miss a phone call. 3. Click the Save button at the top of the page. I like to then click off of this page and click back to ensure the changes have saved. Let me know if that works. Deb
unfortunately that doesn't work for me. The button in outlook takes me to the proper spot:

https://outlook.office365.com/owa/?path=/options/callanswering

but the "Voicemail" selection is no where to be found under general. Could this be because I also have SfB PSTN?

Niles, it sounds like Voice mail (unified messaging) may not be enabled for your account or  your company may limit what options users can manage. Are you able to check with your SFB Administrator to see if you have this function? Thanks.
Deb

Capture.PNG

Niles, it sounds like Voice mail (unified messaging) may not be enabled for your account or  your company may limit what options users can manage. Are you able to check with your SFB Administrator to see if you have this function? Here is a screen shot for reference. Thanks.
Deb

MS Support said that since I am 100% on the cloud (Cloud PBX and PSTN calling) that this is not enabled for our account period.

How are you supposed to disable it when a customer is cloud PBX/PSTN ?

In our own pure cloud PBX tenant we have some uses who have the Outlook Voice Rules page available and some that don't. 

From what I can tell, you can't.

Hopefully the MS team will make this feature available to their 100% online users.

@Debbie Arbeeny I can`t find the option to disable missed call notification in Outlook OWA now. Can you please guide me how to do it?