Migrate Skype User

Iron Contributor

Hi Experts

I am using hybrid environment i am using SFB2015, on skype online powershell module, i want to migrate skype from onprem to online,  i have used the below syntax i am getting the error

Get-CsUser -Identity sip:myonpremuser@mydomain.com | Move-CsUser -Target sipfed.online.lync.com -Credential $creds

Get-CsUser : The term 'Get-CsUser' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
At line:1 char:1
+ Get-CsUser -Identity sip:myonpremuser@mydomain.com | Move-CsUser -Ta ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (Get-CsUser:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

3 Replies

Hi,

Looks like the Skype for Business powershell is not loaded, you need the On-premises powershell module to be loaded to be able to run Get-CsUser.

I am have used the below syntax on skype onprem i am getting below error.
my account on skype onprem is different than skype online and MFA is enabled for my skyponline user.

Get-CsUser -Identity sip:onpremuser@flydubai.com | Move-CsUser -Target sipfed.online.lync.com -Credential $creds

Confirm
Move-CsUser
[Y] Yes [A] Yes to All [N] No [L] No to All [S] Suspend
[?] Help(default is "Y"): A
Move-CsUser : Failed to logon with given credentials. Make sure correct user
name and password provided. At line:1 char:55 + Get-CsUser -Identity sip:onpremuser@flydubai.com | Move-CsUser -Target
sipfed ...
+
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: [Move-CsUser], CommonAuthException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : MoveError,Microsoft.Rtc.Management.AD.Cmdlets.MoveOcsUserCmdlet

You run it from on-premises, you can also use the Skype Control Panel.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/skypeforbusiness/hybrid/move-users-from-on-premises-to-skype-for-bu...