Microphone does not work

Copper Contributor

Hello

A few days ago I was summoned to a meeting using Skype for Business (6.17.0.3), when I logged in with the link they sent me, using my Moto G android 5.1 cellphone, they could not hear me and we had to talk using normal Skype.

This week I have another meeting using Skype for Business and I do not know how to check my settings so that my microphone works. I do not have a business Skype user.

Again, with normal Skype and other programs I have no problems.

Thank you

Pablo

8 Replies
By default when you join a meeting as an attendee you are muted. Did you try to unmute yourself?
If the microphone works for other apps then it should work for Skype for Business.

Pablo,

You might check to make sure that your Android phone is allowing the microphone to be accessed. I have an iPhone, but I know iPhone does the same thing where it needs permission for the Skype for Business app to use the microphone. I seem to recall someone I supported with an Android phone that they had a similar issue as you described where they had to allow permission to the microphone.

If you call from your Skype for Business app on your cell phone, does that work? As indicated in another follow up, it is the default to mute your line when joining a conference call.

John

Hi

Thanks for your response. My android allow Skype access to the microphone, and when I joined to a conferene call I ask support to the others people in the conference by whatsapp and I remember control the default mute. 

Last friday we have an other conference in skype for bussines and an other person without bussines account (like me) cant access to the conference. When these happend we move to an other software to can work and I dont chek if my problem continue.

I cant start a bussines call because I dont have business account.

Pablo

Pablo,

Ok, so it works on normal test calls. Is this Skype for Business client on your Android phone? I am confused when you say that you do not have a business account, so I am guessing you have Skype for Business account. Correct?

When you have these conference calls that are created by others, do they offer a phone number so you can call into the conference call instead of joining via the software? If you do not have Skype for Business account, then that might be the issue.

Did you have to log into the the software you installed on your Android phone or simply install and it connected to the conference but would not let you talk?

John

Hi,
Sorry for my english.
- I have Skype for Business client on my Android phone
- I have not a Skype for Business account. I have a normal Skype account
- I install Skype for Business and join to a conference created by a Skype for Business user, he send me a link in an email
- In the conference I can hear him, but he cant hear me. I chek the microphone status.
- We log out skype for business and made the conference with normal skype
- In a second conference, the same skype for business user create the conference and an other consultant have the same problem like me
- I cant check settings or made a test call (like normal skype) in skype for business because have not an account.
- when my client with business skype asks if I solved the microphone problem, I will not have an answer
Thanks in advance
Pablo
Hi,
Sorry for my english.
- I have Skype for Business client on my Android phone
- I have not a Skype for Business account. I have a normal Skype account
- I install Skype for Business and join to a conference created by a Skype for Business user, he send me a link in an email
- In the conference I can hear him, but he cant hear me. I chek the microphone status.
- We log out skype for business and made the conference with normal skype
- In a second conference, the same skype for business user create the conference and an other consultant have the same problem like me
- I cant check settings or made a test call (like normal skype) in skype for business because have not an account.
- when my client with business skype asks if I solved the microphone problem, I will not have an answer
Thanks in advance
Pablo

Paulo,

No problem. So, do I understand correctly that when you used normal Skype, it worked? I would recommend if a phone number is available that you call into the conference call in the future. Or, if it works to join the conference call with normal Skype (or consumer Skype), then it sounds like that would work for you.

Are you trying to resolve the issue for a client? Are they hosted, on premises, or hybrid set up for Skype for Business? We are a hybrid set up and I know that sometimes it is easiest for others joining a call to simply do so by calling our conference number.

John

Pablo,

No worries! I am still wondering if it has to do with the fact that you do not have a Skype for Business account. I would be happy to set up a conference call with our Skype system to test with you. Drop me a DM and we can set up a test conference call to see if we can figure out what is happening.

John