Mac Outlook integration - Cannot Schedule Online Meeting

Brass Contributor

When we click on the Online Meeting button to have a Skype meeting created for a calendar event we always receive this message:

Screen Shot 2017-09-07 at 11.52.30 AM.png

Cannot Schedule Online Meeting
You cannot schedule this online meeting because there might be issues with your sign in account. Make sure you are signed in to the same you use for Microsoft Outlook. If the problem continues, contact your System Administrator.

We are signed in to the same account. Clicking on the meetings tab in Skype for Business pulls our meeting invites and offers join buttons. Clicking on a chat or call contact returns their Exchange / Office 365 contact details. Every bit of integration between the two works, except the ability to create a Skype meeting.

Signing into the same account on a Windows client works perfectly fine, clicking the Skype Meeting button in outlook populates the meeting details. So does login to the Office 365 web interface to create Skype meetings.

This was first seen (first mac client) a few months ago. There's been two updates since then and no fix. I just built a brand new macbook from scratch yesterday, installed client 10.16.97 and this problem exists on the brand new node.

11 Replies

Hi,

I'm not sure how the GUI is on Outlook in Mac but can you see if you can open the Address book and find your own contact. Check that the SIP address is correct in the E-mail Addresses tab.

The SIP address in the address book have to be the same as your SignIn addess in Skype for Business.

Hi, I have the same issue and I'm using the SIP address from the Outlook address book as sign in namin S4B. It still doesn't work. Any other ideas?

Did you find the solution? I am also having the same issue. Not sure how to fix it.

Regards,

-- Hitesh Thakkar

@Linus Cansby wrote:

Hi,

I'm not sure how the GUI is on Outlook in Mac but can you see if you can open the Address book and find your own contact. Check that the SIP address is correct in the E-mail Addresses tab.

The SIP address in the address book have to be the same as your SignIn addess in Skype for Business.

Sorry, dunno why it didn't notify me of your reply. Yes, that address is correct. The only gotcha is that they have initial caps on my name -- is this field case sensitive?

I have a customer with the same issue. Did you ever find a solution?

I just solved this by changing my email, in outlook, to the same email address that I use in S4B.
We are using our company address as an alias on our O365 address. Once they matched it worked as expected.
S4Bmeeting.png

Also, signing into Skype for Business seemed to do the trick.  I had checked the email and only changed a single letter from no caps to caps.

Hola buen dia, 

escribo en espanol lo lamento, pero encontre una solucion y espero ayude,

1. en mi caso la cuenta que yo ingresaba era por medio de skype for business era la del alias, ejemplo mmoreira@contoso.com.gt la cual estaba erronea, tenia que ingresar mi cuenta que es mmoreira@contoso.com y luego en opciones avanzadas antes de ingresar a skype colocar mmoreira@contoso.com.gt

con esto logre resolver el problema y realizar meetings.

slds,

Thank you,

This solution worked.

Getting the correct email address inputed in the account page. Get this page by clicking on > Tools >Account > under email - input the correct email and that is it.

Regards,

Chukwunonso Agbo

@Deleted, thanks that was exactly what the doctor ordered.

You do have to already be signed in Skype for Business as a perquisite, but simply changing the email address to your actual email works.

So it seems the issue is only for orgs that have a separate login from the email address used.

Regards,

Richard

Please make sure that Skype and Microsoft outlook is check in Automation tab.
System Preference>Security and Privacy > Privacy scroll down the left side bar look for automation.