Dial out with a Mac Skype Client

Copper Contributor

Is a Mac user able to select "Dial a Number" for their audio option? I don't see this as an option on the Mac. On the PC you can select, use Skype, Use a selected number, or use another number and a field to enter a phone number. 

Thoughts? 

6 Replies

I am at work on my PC currently. I have a Mac at home and I thought I have come across this as an option. I will see if I can double check tonight on my Mac to see if I can find it again.

John

Jeff,

I checked my Mac Skype for Business client, but I do not see the option either. Remind me where you see this in the PC version. I have not actually used the option, but I recall seeing the option.

John

hello
Normally on the PC you have the option of having this dialog box come up everytime you join a meeting or "remember" the settings. The newest MAC client does have this dialog box, but one of my end users it is grayed out to "Dial another phone". He is on O365 S4B and has the PSTN conferencing license singled to his account.

Not sure why it's grayed out.

Ok, I will check on one of our Macs at work with the newest client to see if the option is listed and not greyed out.

Thanks!

John

I checked on our Mac here at the office. It is running version 16.13.184. I confirmed that "dial another phone" is an option and we can click in there to enter a number. We are a hybrid set up with Skype for Business. I am not sure what would be different beyond that set up. That is odd! Do you have another Mac user that can check their settings? I know Skype for Business has been doing a lot of updates recently, so might check if at version 16.13.184 or another version on that Mac.

John