Welcome everyone to the Skype for Business Server 2019 Preview Forum!

Microsoft

I just want to welcome everyone who has read the blog - SfB Server 2019 preview is ready for you to try. Be sure to post ALL your questions, comments, and feedback here.

64 Replies

@Krzysztof Sienkiewicz 

Did you check certificates of your 2019 pools?

I find some experience is similar to yours, please refer to below link and wish it will works.

http://terenceluk.blogspot.com/2016/12/skype-for-business-server-access-edge.html

@Bill-2233 

Hi, all certificates are triple checked and the cert mentioned in the Warning is there in the store and correct, also services can start when everything is OK, and please notice that the error is different than the one in the article you provided. For me it's: 0x80092004(CRYPT_E_NOT_FOUND)

@Krzysztof Sienkiewicz  So far, I have not had the four questions you mentioned in my environment. I will continue to observe and respond to you in time, thank you.

@Drive_Heart 

Just to let you know.

Our Skype 2019 and SQL 2016 environment is built on Windows Server 2019

Office Online Server (latest build with latest updates) is built on Windows Server 2016

Hi @Krzysztof Sienkiewicz ,

Did you get an answer to this issue at all? We've just had a similar issue on an SFB 2019 front-end server that's part of a three-server Enterprise pool where I get event ID 14397 in the Lync Server logs, shortly followed by the Front-end service stopping:

A configured certificate could not be loaded from store. The serial number is attached for reference.

Extended Error Code: 0x80092004(CRYPT_E_NOT_FOUND).

Running on Windows Server 2016 here, though.

Thanks

@dshrb
No, it's still occurring from time to time but cannot tell when it will occur again.
But I am very glad someone else confirms this issue. Means it probably is a product issue.
I have another confirmed issue, although not with Skype itself. Meet URLs published through web application proxy server 2019 is not working, either loads for 5+minutes and ends with incompletely loaded web page or does not end loading at all. It's been confirmed to not work with Sharepoint and office online servers as well.

@Krzysztof Sienkiewicz were you able to determine which certificate serial number it was referring to at all? The error contains "The serial number is attached for reference" but no values within the details tab match any serial numbers for any certs I can see.

@Rohit_Gupta_25 We had AlwaysOn logging enabled - can I share some CLS logs and corresponding Windows Event Logs for this issue with you at all? 

@dshrb
I know what you mean. The thing is you (as I did) looked at certificate hashes, serial number is a different field and also the serial number in the event log is reversed in pairs from the serial number you see in the certificate details. Meaning: A678F5 in the cert would be F578A6 in the event log

Amazing, thank you for that @Krzysztof Sienkiewicz! Not the most intuitive of error formats!

I was able to confirm that the certificate referenced was indeed my pool certificate containing all SANs, as I'd suspected from the reference to 0.0.0.0:5061 in the event logs.

Like you, as soon as I started the front-end service again I was able to use the same certificate without any issues - it just seems to be the momentary disconnection from the certificate store rather than a problem with the certificate itself that causes the issue.

Would be good to get some feedback from Microsoft on this one as this is service affecting for us - again, the offer of CLS logs and event logs is there.

@dshrb 

Yes, this is a problem, we halted moving users to Skype 2019 because of this.

Also, like I mentioned earlier there's also an issue with WAP 2019, are you using Web Application Proxy server from Microsoft (along with AD FS) and noticed the issue with meet url/s when WAP 2019 is used?

It seems 2019 family product needs some fixes.

@Krzysztof Sienkiewicz 

Unfortunately we'd already moved our environment over by the time this issue came up, so don't have the luxury of reverting now.

We're not using WAP 2019 so can't help on that one I'm afraid.

Where is best to send to? Feel free to drop me a PM if you have SFTP or similar.

@dshrb I'm not familiar with SFTP. Would it be possible for you to upload the logs to a OneDrive location maybe?

Hello @Karsten_Stolten .

Can you please specify how did you identified the problem? Were there any errors, eventview logs?

Im having the same issue.

Is there any news about upcoming CU? Did you manage to fix the issue? And is there any official MS statement regarding this bug? It is a major issue.

Regards,

Hi @James1 

The following event is logged in the Application log on the frontend server when trying to search for public Skype (or SfB) contacts:

"Skype search request failed. Exception information : Fault occurred while attempting to proxy WCF message..."

I had a session with Microsoft Support and we gathered some logfiles from the server. The support representative confirmed the capture of the error in the logs and confirmed that a fix for this will be included in the upcoming CU. I have not seen any official statement regarding this specific problem/bug so this I guess, will be the closest you get to any aknowledgement… (so far)

The issue is not fixed and I have asked for workarrounds but unfortunately there is nothing to do but to wait for the CU.

Kind regards
Karsten Stolten

@Karsten_Stolten 

Did they inform when will the new CU be out?? It's becoming more and more critical to fix those issue and it seems more arise that we were not aware of..

@Krzysztof Sienkiewicz 

Only info I got was that it will not be anytime soon. When I asked if it was days, weeks or months - the replied "months". That was about a month ago - so my guess is that there is still at least a month or probably more before any CU.

/Karsten

Hello @Karsten_Stolten 

Thank you very much for your reply. I have the same error, I was pulling my hair out trying to figure what it was. Then I stumbled on this forum. This error should be mentioned somewhere. Lets wait for the CU1 then.

Once again, thanks.