Skype for Business Server Control Panel (Preview)

Microsoft

Welcome to the SfB Server Control Panel preview! Please use this thread to share feedback and questions on the new Control Panel.

27 Replies

@Rohit_Gupta_25 

In regards to; "Exception : Invalid user credentials : User is not SIP enabled.

A lot of companies specify admin creds need to be separate from normal domain creds, so this can be challenging for those businesses that don't want to SIP enable privileged accounts.

As a Managed Service Provider, we support a lot of customers SfB environments, if we have to SIP enable our Admin accounts, it means we will appear in their Address Book too (which we don't want).  There are ways around this, but it feels like the Control Panel shouldn't have a dependency on the user being SIP enabled.

@Chris Hayward 

Thank you for your feedback.  We are aware about this requirement and it is in our roadmap for development. If there is anything else you would like to mention please share. We will be happy to consider the requirements.

@Rohit_Gupta_25 

Hello, 

We updated our S4B19 system servers with all the updates for March 2020, as well as the MACP phase 2. We like the fact that it is expanding and there are more capabilities there.

After the updates, we now cannot log in to MACP as admins using Chrome, the login page throws the error "Exception : Invalid user credentials : User is not an administrator" (screenshot below).

Using the same URL and credentials in Edge browser works fine.

This worked well with Chrome and Edge before the upgrade, with MACP phase 1.

Is Chrome not supported anymore?

Do we need to configure anything to get it to work?

The article on MACP phase 2 (https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/skype-for-business-blog/skype-for-business-2019-control-panel...) has the following text, not sure it's related: 

We have also enabled Role Based Access Control (RBAC) to the Admin panel and the mechanism to provide different access permissions remains similar to the old Silverlight based panel.  

Can you help?

Thanks,

David.

David_Dudi_Yacouel_0-1588186321309.png

@David_Dudi_Yacouel 

Thank you David for your feedback and informing about this issue. This appears samesite issue thats specific to Chrome, but we need to analyze to confirm this. Can you please share your netwok logs in Chrome browser for analysis ? Also, please share the version details for the Chrome browser and Edge browser.

Heya I installed the preview but I only get the limited admin view. How do I get the Full Admin view. My account is a member of all the CS groups.
Dear Rohit, do you have a schedule, when we can expect the full featured version of the new control panel UI.

Many thanks
Hi,
Sorry for the late update.
The issue was resolved the next day when we updated Chrome to the next version.
All is good and working.
Thanks!

@Hiren_Shah 

Yes, It works now.

It works if you are using the https://pool fqdn/macp and not fiddle with https://localhost/macp