Skype For Business Preview

Copper Contributor

I have been excepted into the Skype For Business Preview for Mac.  The download does not seem to be available, any thoughts?

9 Replies
Hi,

I was looking for the same and I just found this on their faq (https://www.skypepreview.com/Home/FAQ)

"We have received overwhelming interest in trying out the new Skype for Business Mac client. At this point, we are not onboarding additional customer, but please stay tuned to the portal for more information of when this opens up again."

It's sad that others would place high value on the input business clients have but it's seems to be a miss when it comes to this community, no wonder there is so much growth options for every other company out there, but it's also a shame, I been a avid Skype & Lync user for many years but alas joining the Sfb Program was the least successful attempt to prepare for what is going to be a existing nightmare when it comes to QoS and other requirements in a 5000+ employement base, what a darn shame.... :(

Hi there, if you've already been accepted into the program but you can't find the downloads, please send an email to skypeexp@microsoft.com to get that sorted. If you're not part of the program, then Luis is right, we're unfortunately not onboarding anymore customers at the moment.

I would not complain if I did not send a email to the listed email in your message, but unfortunately no response was sent to my request for approval for this and or other features, so to answer your question.

I did so and it was a unfortunate waist of time to and I am not holding my breath for a promotion of download rights or even a email response to my email sent over a month ago. :(

Hi there - as you can imagine we have received an overwhelming response to our Mac client Preview program which we announced earlier this year!  We surpassed our goal of the number of customers we wanted to onboard by 10x!  Although it's great to see this participation and interest from our customers, we were unable to keep up with the customer questions, issues and feedback.  As such we decided to put a hold on our Preview program and not onboard any additional customers.

As mentioned at Ignite this week, we are in the final stretch and putting the finishing touches on our first release of the Mac client.  If you don't see the download available to you on SkypePreview.com, then you most likely have not been approved for this validation.  But do stay tuned to the site, as we will look to open this up again after we release the client!

Looking forward to downloading it! I have to stay with Lync for Mac 2011 when working with my HP colleagues.

Hi Saranya

I have sent a repeat request for this request again,

Please assist, I am not even getting a auto responce for my email to ensure it's even recieved. :(

Regards

Jaco

Then on a side note  are you even aware the emails sent from this forum is not even passing outlook propperly...

"The sender failed our fraud detection checksand may not be who they appear to be" 

The Skype for Business on Mac client has been released to GA. I have posted a blog, here: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Full-Circle-Product-Updates/Skype-for-Business-on-Mac-is-now-...

Thanks!