PSTN Calling for Canada

Copper Contributor

Can someone state when PSTN Calling for Canada will be available under Preview/GA?

36 Replies

Hi @Scott Mckenzie- EA/preview will happen CY18Q1

Hi @Jesse Short - EA/preview will happen CY18Q1

@Sara Zolezzi Very disappointing to hear your previously stated “in next 30 days” (now past) is now CY18Q1

@Sara Zolezzi - Thanks for the update.

Outstanding. Suspense is too much:)

The second half of 2017 has come and gone!

@Sara Zolezzi wrote:
PSTN Calling for Canada will be available under Preview sometime in the second half of the calendar year.

If anyone is looking for a UC solution that works consider Cisco Spark Cloud. They support PSTN calling in Canada and unlike Microsoft who obviously just can’t get their act together on this front. Second half of 2017 became end of 2017, which became Q1, 2018 to now second half of 2018. Very disappointed!

Hi John,

I don't think the timeline has changed from Q1 2018.  I think when Bernard quoted Sara's post of "PSTN Calling for Canada will be available under Preview sometime in the second half of the calendar year" that was from an old Q2 post in 2017"  I could be wrong, but that's how I am reading the thread.   Maybe @Sara Zolezzi can comment?

Rob

Would love to participate in the aforementioned Q2-2018 PSTN-for-Canada 'preview'.

How does one join the beta?

At this point, it's hard to trust in anything that is said here.  We've been strung along for years on this availability and it continues to be kicked up the line every single quarter, if there is any update at all.

It would be helpful to either give us some details as to what's going on or just shut this down and stop making promises that aren't going to be kept.

I am happy to announce that registration is now open on the Skype Preview site for the Canada Calling Plan Preview program. We will begin onboarding customers in the next couple of weeks. Thank you all for your patience!

Amazing. Can't wait. Thanks for the follow up

Nice! Looking forward to General Availability!

Here's the link for those in this thread interested in joining the preview:
https://www.skypepreview.com/

Click: Organization > Canada Calling Plan Preview

This is the BEST news of 2018!

All of our other offices are in regions that already have this, but we haven't been able to take advantage of it because our tenant was "based in Canada". As our sales org grows in different areas, it's been a pain to spread when our Canadian team members have been on a local phone system and can't transfer calls to the US team... The light is at the end of the tunnel!

Will the preview include toll-free numbers as well for SfB conferencing and autoattendants?

All signed up for the preview! We are your perfect use case!

I have been waiting a long time for this and cobbling together an old key system.  I was pleased to see the preview announcement, then disappoint to read it is for systems of 50 users or greater.  Any word on when it will GA?

In case you missed it, it's GA now.

Thank you!!!  This is great news.  I now know what my activities are for next week.

@Todd Lamothe wrote:
In case you missed it, it's GA now.