Password field missing in Preview Version 6.13.0.102 (also Live Version 6.12.0.219)

Copper Contributor

Hi all,

in my company we use Lync 2013 Infrastructure and currently evaluate Skype4Business Mobile on iOS with a small user group.

There are some security restrictions why users have to change their Windows password periodly. After a Windows password change users have to change their Login data in the Skype app, too. So far users logged out, changed the password in the app and logged in again.

But with the new Live Version 6.12.0.219 (also in Preview Version 6.13.0.102) after logging out there is no password field visible which means that users currently can't change the password.

Deleating the app and reinstalling brings back the password field for the first login, but it might not be the solution that I have to deleate the app every time I change my password...

Am I overlooking something?

BR

Alex

8 Replies
If the password didn't match when they hit sign in it would prompt them for their password. Is that not happening?

No, I'm afraid not.

The sign in process stops and shows the sign in dialog again - without the password field. Because of security restrictions the Server blocks the user account after too many unlucky login attempts - that's the first time Skype app shows an error message, but also does not bring back the password field.

Thanks Alexander. Can you please submit a bug from the Preview version (6.13). This way we can get the developers to take a look. Please also not in the details about the scenario. Thanks.

Honestly I tried to report a bug out of the Preview Version via "Shake 'n' Send" functionality this morning - but my report was rejected by sfbiosfeedback-tap@microsoft.com.

sfbiosfeedback-tap@microsoft.com #< #5.7.133 smtp;550 5.7.133 RESOLVER.RST.SenderNotAuthenticatedForGroup; authentication required; Delivery restriction check failed because the sender was not authenticated when sending to this group>

Where can I send my report to?

Let me look into why the bugs are getting delivery failures. Once fixed I will let you know so I can get you to submit directly. Thanks for your patience.
Can you please send the bug to skypeexp@microsoft.com until the bug submission service is fixed?
Thank you, just sent the report to your suggested mail account.

Hello Richard,

do you have any news regarding this topic?

I did'nt get any Feedback so far