SOLVED

New SfB for Mac build. Where is it?

Brass Contributor

In the Ignite session last week they said there would be a new build via MAU last week. I have yet to see the new build or the version of MAU that would allow us to get it. When will this show up on our portal?

35 Replies

I am part of the preview program and I'm unable to get the latest build... 

Typically these updates are pulled down by my client when I check and they're available. I'm currently at 16.0.3036. 

Will there not be a version of the latest made more widely avaialble? Are we just anticipating the public release now?

Hi All,

I can confirm the link does work, provided you access the site with the account you signed up with...took me a while to locate the right person in our company. 

The version I have is much cleaner, has an installer and transitions to MS auto update which is probably why it doesn't come down via the old version. You also need to follow the instructions, or it will not work. I suggest using something like AppCleaner to completely delete both the beta and Lync 2011 before doing the install. 

Good luck! 

Scott 

Hi Scott..

Problem is that I have not been assigned with any package!

Any idea who can do that for me?

Thanks
Szymon

Hi Szymon,

Did you sign up right at the start of the preview? We signed up at the beginning, but to access the latest version I had to find the guy in our org who did the original signup. He had access, myself and a few others didn't have download rights. 

Hope that helps,

scott 

Ok, I was able to get it from another member of our organization who had a proper sign-on. 

A few things while I'm looking at things. 

1- Screen sharing is not an option 

2- Single-window UI is gone again

3- Conversations are vanishing partway through 

4- Receiving emails about missed conversations while actively chatting with the other person

I have reported these issues as well through error reporting but wanted to see if anyone else is experiencing these issues?

I logged into my portal yesterday and SkypeForBusinessInstaller_MAU_3597 became avilable. You might want to take a peak at your portal now and it should be avilable. 

The Skype for Business on Mac client has been released to GA. I have posted a blog, here: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Full-Circle-Product-Updates/Skype-for-Business-on-Mac-is-now-...

Thanks!

Super psyched for the GA!!!! 

I have updated but I'm still not seeing the single user UI, etc. I'm thinking it didn't work for me?!

I'm on build 16.0.3638?

Any suggestions?

I'm not seeing single UI (tabbed conversations) either. Wondering if it has to do with my org's retention policy? I'm on 16.0.3639

I'm also up on 16.0.3639 now and still nothing. I'm not quite sure what I'm doing wrong...?

Yes it would have to do with SSCH and EnableIMArchiving

That's fine, I'm researching on my side to see if it's possible to enable IM Archiving but I'm concerned about other users in my organization that will experience a similar issue. The windows version of Skype does not require IM Archiving to have tabbed windows etc. I hope that this is not going to be a required policy for full usage of features.

Alright, just got word back that disabling IM Archiving is company policy. So we're back to the drawing board with this. Please tell me the features I'm missing out on are going to become avaialble for everyone -as they are with the windows client- as opposed to this being a requirement...

Single Window mode would not be available.

Ever? It seems ridiculous that the same is not required for Windows users. 

I am just saying currently.