SOLVED

New SfB for Mac build. Where is it?

Brass Contributor

In the Ignite session last week they said there would be a new build via MAU last week. I have yet to see the new build or the version of MAU that would allow us to get it. When will this show up on our portal?

35 Replies
best response confirmed by Saranya Yogarajah (Microsoft)
Solution

We ran into a couple of issues with the build that was supposed to go live last week. We are working on getting a more stable build and publishing as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience.

Thanks for letting me know. Will be watching the portal closely. 

REALLY looking forward to receive it! Hopefully even more integrated with the Office pack for Mac.

Yes Outlook Integration is a key feature...I will also post here when we release.

Will this new build solve the disappearing messages issue? 

Yes in some circumstances. There are some cases where with IMArchving turned off if UserA sends message to UserB and UserB doesnt accept once UserA closes the convesation the message will disappear.

Any news Richard? Waiting to kill Lync for Mac. Also, I really hope you've added audio notifications for new chat requests.

Was just logging in to ask the samething. 

Is there going to be an option to enable / disable IMArchiving? 

Hi, 

I received an email last night saying a new MAU Build (SfBMac_MAU_16.0.3597) is available and to download it from the portal (under Downloads or Assigned Products) but cannot find it. 

Is it online yet? Can anyone provide a link please?

Thanks

ugh. It says I don't have access to the download! I'm part of the preview program...?!

Thank you Richard. 

I also couldn't get it at first, but this was more due to me managing a personal Live account and a couple of corporate accounts. When I figured out which I had originally signed up with and reset the password, i was able to download the link. 

Just stuck now at point C of the instructions, as i can't seem to update Outlook to 15.29. I have 15.26 and am not seeing any updates. Will see if this stops me from successfully linking SfB to MAU...

When you open Outlook and go to Help | Check for Updates select on the Insider fast channel and then check for updates. You should see 15.28.
Thanks again, yes i did get it to 15.28 using the fast channel (not 15.29 as the email said) and this seems to have worked, I can now check for Microsoft updates within SfB. Thanks for your help

Same for me, I also can't download the file even though my company is part of the program. Can it be published in away that makes it availble to people logged into the forum?

Thanks.

Guys,

Can I get access to download it as well? Been waiting to get any access for ages now...

Thank You

Szymon

Same question: where is it?!?

Yes, I'm looking forward to it also. BTW, how do I sign up for the Preview Program?
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Saranya Yogarajah (Microsoft)
Solution

We ran into a couple of issues with the build that was supposed to go live last week. We are working on getting a more stable build and publishing as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience.

View solution in original post