Auto-Attendant Menu Options To Extensions

Copper Contributor

Is there any way to set up extension numbers for users (dial 301 for Joe, 302 for John, etc.) that could be dialed from the auto-attendant?  I know there are the recently added menu options (press 1 for Joe, press 2 for Sales, etc.).

7 Replies
Hi Matthew, Extension calling is not available.

I haven't tried this yet but I wonder if it would be possible to add the extension number into the user profile. In theory, I would think it would be part of the dial by name. So it would be Joe Cooperrider 103.

I plan on testing that. I'll let you know what I find. 

Isn't Extension dialing in preview now for dial plan feature? I know many are moving away from this technique though. Dialing by a name and not being able to do a 4-5 digit extension. Dilemna we are in as well. Changing people's behavior for dialing internal/skype users by name, not by extension. Only outside parties need a full dial access like a typical dial plan.
with the tenant dial plan preview, we can have user dial extensions and dialplan convert to E164. before call out But users cannot have extensions. Like configuring a user with 4 digit extension is not possible.

Are there any plans to add extensions in the future? 

yes, there is a plan to add in future, I don't have any dates though.

Are there any updates on this? Voice recognition is not cutting it. When someone calls in, it takes time for the message to stop and then it doesn't always get the correct names. It would be a little better if the message stopped with you started talking.