Auto Attendant and Call Queue requires numbers in certain regions to work?

Copper Contributor

As we are trying out Auto Attendant and Call Queue, we found it works well if we assign it with an US number.

As we plan to use it in other regions as well, we tried to assign with a JP toll free number and it doesn't work, whenever we call the entry number it errors out.

Does anyone have similar issue?

3 Replies
I'm Not sure if having a JP number would cause an issue. However to use a Toll free number with OrgAA you would need to have a PSTN Consumption license, without that the call may not work.

Hi Mohammed thanks for your help. I tried again, if I put a US toll-free number the call goes through, and yes we did put some fund to the consumption license. However after swap in a JP toll-free number, the call errored out with "we could not complet your call, please check your number and try again...". Other settings were unchanged just the number mattered.

We are not sure if it is something supposed to work differently across regions or just JP number doesn't work?

Thanks,

Hi Yi Ning,
One thing that i have learnt is that you may not be able to dial a JP toll free number assigned to AA from US. I believe there is some toll related reasons for it, I'm not certain.

One thing i would suggest you to check is, When you assign the JP toll free number to your AA, can u call this number from JP, meaning call from a region which has the same are codes etc as the Toll free number.
Would that work?