How to record Skype for business meeting from mac?

Iron Contributor

I am not able to record Skype for Business meeting from mac. Please help me with the procedure of recording Skype for Business meeting from Mac?

21 Replies

Get a Windows PC instead :)

Recording on a Mac has never been available, and I've not come across any road-map items that says it will be in the future either.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn933896.aspx

Get enough people to vote on this one :)

https://www.skypefeedback.com/forums/299913-generally-available/suggestions/17105305-recording-in-sk...
But if you look at the comments, someone says it will come in Q3

Hey Neeraj,

Thank you for writing

There are some comments in forums which says Skype for busimess meeting recoprding will come in Q3 2017, I have seen an official video of Microsoft Skype for business they have mentioned meeting recording will come in Q3. I believe this feature will be available in Mac by Q3.

Hey Alexander,

Thank you for writing

I have voted for this 

Others posted that this feature is coming in Q3 2017.  Can you give a date?

Is Q3 a reference to calendar years or a fiscal year?

Hello,

We are also very interested in this feature to be offered for Skype for Business Mac computers. Please help get this feature out.

Recording is a feature that has often been requested.  At one time, there was a roadmap that had recording as an item in Q3, 2017, however, we had to reprioritize items.  Recording is not on the roadmap for the coming two quarters, and we do not have plans out further than that.

Phil

Hi Asjad Khan.

If you want to record your Skype conversation you will need to use third party software. I suggest you to download and install Open Broadcaster Software. It's completely free and has many YouTube videos explaining how to use it.

Hey,
Does that software record both the MIC and SOUND from the computer? If that's the case it might just work. If it doesn't record sound then you would just get your own voice in your conference/meeting and it would not really work.

Yes, it can record your microphone and system sound. OBS is highly customizable and you can select which audio devices you want to record.

2018 and we still can't offer this to our Mac users. Please make this happen as usually the Mac folks are the ones in meetings and want to record their sessions.

So we are in 1 Quarter 2018 and still can not record skype meetings on my mac book . Ideas??  Per previous comments this functionality was supposed to be available in quarter 3 2017.

Recording is a feature that has often been requested.  At one time, there was a roadmap that had recording as an item in Q3, 2017, however, we had to reprioritize items.  Recording is not on the roadmap for the coming two quarters, and we do not have plans out further than that.

Phil

Why? If there is such huge demand, why don't you make the right prioritization? That's the only thing we expect as we run several cadence calls which must be recorded.

It's obvious that the roadmap is for recording to be done in the cloud via Microsoft Teams.

Cloud recording should be implemented across the board, regardless of platform. Recording meetings locally on my PC is not an ideal scenario, as I end up with huge files which need to be uploaded or sent by email. It adds up, when you have a lot of meetings. So - implementing local recording for Skype for Business on Mac is a dead end, in my opinion - I'm glad they have shelved it and moved instead towards recording to the cloud independent of platform (this should also be available on Android and iOS), if you're correct that this is the real roadmap. 

Have you tried to take aid of a high quality screen recorder mac? It can do a job for you in high efficiency. You can also have right to export the recording to any desired formats and customize its configuration. Meanwhile, it is hassle-free to capture screen in full screen or customized recording area.

This is available now in Microsoft teams. Recordings save to Stream.

No thanks. I like how my Mac works. I've use a windows pc in the past and my Mac is much better for the jobs I need to accomplish.