Where is Microsoft Support When you REALLY need them?

Brass Contributor

Asking legitimately.  We have rolled out SfB online only with Polycom VVX phones.  Everything was working fine, then one day PSTN calling stopped working.  Now no PSTN calls can be connected.  We have tried multiple VVX firmware versions.  Tested on an Audiocodes phones and get the same result.  Tested multiple networks including corporate network and local ISP.   From what we can tell they switched the SIP pool on us about a week and a half ago and that's when the issue started. 

I have a ticket open with Microsoft (really AccountabilIT) since Nov. 25th with ZERO progress other than, "Let's help you collect some logs".  I have reported  the incident to the SfB Service Health page with only a generic auto reply.  Is there some other Emergency number I can call to get some real help on this?

What Microsoft doesn't get is that all PSTN calling is affected by this, including 911.  To my knowledge nothing has changed on our end, but I would be happy to be proven wrong and just get this fixed.  IMO, PSTN calling with Microsoft's cloud only solution is great solution on paper, but the lack of urgency in fixing system-wide issues like this is a deal breaker. 

6 Replies

@CosmoDenger Are you able to place or receive calls with the Skype for Business app?

As far as getting some attention on your support case, I would recommend reaching out to your Microsoft account manager. They should be able to have the support case escalated on your behalf.

I share your concern regarding the lack of support. While we fortunately haven't had any organization-wide outages like the one you are experiencing, we have been dealing with a number of smaller issues that have dragged on for months with no resolution.

@Ryan Steele Yes, we are able to make and receive calls with the SfB app.  We have another tenant that I have tested with the phones and everything works fine for that one. We have tried SfB, Islands, and Teams only on the IP phones all with the same results. 

I'll see what our account rep can do, but even he seems overloaded and takes about a week to respond to emails. 

I spun up a trial tenant to test another sip pool and everything works perfectly.  I have had a ticket open with Microsoft support since 11/25 with no responses in over 4 days.  Our entire tenant is down for PSTN calling.  How can we get some help with this critical business system? For reference:  Broken sip pool = sippooleu2ed131.infra.lync.com Working sip pool on trial tenant = sippoolSN44A06.infra.lync.com

We have now gone 15 days without the ability to make PSTN calls and no help from Microsoft.  Fair warning: SfB/Teams calling with cloud only is not ready for prime time. 

@Kruthika Ponnusamy Day 18, my first test call this morning worked!  I thought they might have fixed it without letting me know.  Unfortunately it was only the one call.  50+ tests this morning and haven't gotten lucky again.  

The trial tenant continues to work. 

Update: Microsoft migrated our tenant to another sip pool and PSTN calling is working now.  I have not received information about the root cause, but I'll post it when I hear from them.