Users get black screen when not moving mouse pointer when presenting in skype for business

Copper Contributor

We suddenly got issues with a customer on 2 different meeting rooms where they hook up their computers to a public display. After only a few min of presenting in Skype the external screen will lose signal, and has to be activated again by moving the mouse pointer on the presenting machine, even though the presenting machine doesnt go black itself. This issue is the same for Windows 7 and Windows 10, all drivers are up to date. Is there a known issue with a new OS update or Office update? All power option settings are like they should.

1 Reply
Vegard,

That is odd! I do not believe I have run into that issue. So the second screen is from a splitter or simply two video connections on the computer? The closest we have to this would be a conference room where we have a computer in the front of the room and a projector that displays the computer display. I know when I am connected on that computer, it says I am presenter mode and disables calls until I tell it I am available. I am not sure this is the same issue though.

We are using Windows 7. I have not heard of any OS updates that would cause this issue. We did have someone post on the forums recently that they would get a black screen no matter how they connected to share content. I believe they did find that was a registry setting that corrected that problem, but this appears different than that issue.

John