Updates to Call Quality Dashboard (Oct 7th 2017) - Call Setup Failure Reason change

Microsoft

Hi,

We have a made an update to the Call Quality Dashboard (CQD)  https://cqd.lync.com affecting how calls that fail to establish are classified that may impact the data you see in CQD. 

Details:

Calls are classified using the Call Setup Failure Reason dimension into the following categories (refer for here more details about dimension and measures exposed in CQD):

• Missing FW Deep Packet Inspection Exemption Rule - indicates that network equipment along the path likely prevented the media path from being established due to deep packet inspection rules. This may be due to proxy or firewall rules not being correctly configured.

• Missing FW IP Block Exemption Rule - indicates that network equipment along the path likely prevented the media path from being established to the Office 365 network. This may be due to proxy or firewall rules not being correctly configured to allow access to IP addresses and ports used for Skype for Business traffic.

• Other – indicates the media path for the call could not be established but the root cause could not be classified.

• Not Media Failure - indicates no issue was detected with the establishment of the media path.

There was a specific type of failure caused by firewall or other equipment blocking access to specific ports that was being classified as Other. Starting with data on 11/6, we are now classifying these failures correctly as Missing FW IP Block Exemption Rule. Over the next few weeks we will be reprocessing data from before 11/6 using this same classification. 

So what does this mean for you:

• If you see a spike on 11/6 or beyond in these Missing FW IP Block Exemption Rule failures compared to previous days, it may indicate indicate that you have calls failing due to not having the complete IP address and port list open.
  • Once the reprocessing is complete (target is 11/28) data before and after 11/6 will use the same classification.

If you have questions, comments or concerns, please reply to this post.

/william

13 Replies

Will an export be available so that we can update on-premises CQD deployments?

Any plan to have a PowerBi dashboard or at least to have an API endpoint where we can connect to develop PowerBi dashboards?

An d I suppose the name of the measures are this one

CQD_New_measures.png

This change is in the core data and is not something that is supported in the on-premise CQD deployments.

I can't comment on future plans, but the request for Power BI integration is well understood.

You are correct, this change impacts the Media Failed Due to Firewall IP Blocked Stream Count and Firewall IP Blocked Media Failure Percentages measures

how we can check this for ongoing call or to specific meeting

i did not see this option. please let me know how we can check this

Create a new report and select the new Measurements.

For Example:

Figure 1Figure 1

The Result will look like this on your Dashboard.

Figure 2Figure 2

2017-11-21 11_02_49-Map.pngThanks @William Looney

See the kind of think you can do...but today is export a CQD report and including it in PowerBi :)

Okay, I want to know how to do that!

Show us what you exported and then imported into PowerBi so we can create a similar report :)

Hello @Janel Egli @Rob Guth

Sorry for the delay in responding

I am making a table report with the Month, the Audio Good Call SLA Percentage and Audio Stream Count (of course you can do the same for application sharing/ video conference etc...) and information on the SECOND network (Second Network Name, Second Network City, Second Network Zip Code, Second Network Country) ..again this is depending on the level of details you would like

After that I am using this file as an Input in PowerBI

You can set the bubble size depending on the number of Audio Streams and The color of the bubble you can set up the color change rate :)

Happy Hacking