Unified Presence in SfB and Teams

Iron Contributor

Apparently unified presence across SfB and Teams was enabled at year end 2017. However, I am not seeing it yet. Anything I have to enable for my particular tenant or is it just a case of waiting for it to roll out to all tenants ?

14 Replies

According to the SfB to Teams Roadmap this will not be available until sometime in Q1 of 2018.  I see news as recent as 12/12/2017 confirming this was still not an available feature.  If you are in their Teams Preview program this may be available now, but looks like some time in Q1 for GA.  

Thanks Mike - I got my info on it from http://flinchbot.com/ucnow/index.php/category/skype-for-business/ and following the link from there to the relevant subsection of the O365 roadmap it shows expected end CY 2017 and last update of that info was 28th Dec. So, looks like at least for some tenants they got it out ahead of schedule.

It's not enabled in any production tenant. 

Best regards

Jörg

As of now it is not enabled for all the Tenant, few tenants were selected which are part of TAP program, should be enabled for all within this month if everything went bug free.

Regards

Zahoor

I still can't see it in my client. Is there any config change required before it shows up?

Afaik it is not available outside the TAP program

Thanks, there's a lot of confusion around the availability of this functionality. It looks more like the end of Q2 rather than Q1...

When will this feature be available?

The TAP program is about to complete & it has been deployed on Ring 1.5 & Ring 3, not exactly but should be there for all customer by next month. 

Any update on this please?

.....as we're now in 'next month.

We have begun to pilot Teams and see unified presence (mostly) between SfB and Teams. The one part that isn't working yet (for us at least) is calling presence between Teams and SfB. Teams only people can't see when S4B users are in a call. SfB users don't see when Teams users are in a call. Available, out of office and away seem to work. Anyone else seeing this?

What about Outlook presence?

We do not have it yet, anything I need to enable in admin somewhere?  Our Skype online shows correct presence from our Outlook / Exchange on prem.  

Yes, any updates on unified presence between Skype for Business phones and Teams, as well as between Outlook and Teams?