Unable to schedule Skype meetings after mailbox migration

Copper Contributor

Hi, hoping someone can help me with an issue we are facing.

We have a client with Skype for Business Server 2015, as well as mailboxes in Office 365. We have recently moved some users from their Office 365 tenant into a different tenant with a different domain. The users now sign into outlook with user@domainb.com but still sign into Skype on Prem with user@domaina.com. When they try and create a Skype meeting in their Outlook after the migration they receive an error to make sure they are signed into Outlook and Skype with the same email, which of course they are not. I have looked at various articles dealing with SIP and SMTP mismatch and they advised to set DisableEmailComparisonCheck to true. I have tried doing this both in the registry and also by creating a separate client side policy with Email check disabled and scoping it to a test user but I am still unable to create meetings. I know the policy is taking affect as if I make other changes to it, ie disabling emoticons the test user picks up those settings.

Does anyone have any experience with having different SIP and SMTP addresses with S4B server 2015 and Skype client 2013/2016?

Thanks

Nick

2 Replies

Hi,

I guess you have a Active Directory for domainb.com that you sync to Azure AD. Then add user@domaina.com to attribute msrtcsip-primaryuseraddress and SIP:user@domaina.com in proxyAddress attribute for user user@domaina.com. Wait a day or two and you should see SIP:user@domaina.com when you check the Address Book in Outlook and open the E-mail Adresses tab for user@domainb.com.

@Linus CansbyHi, Thanks for the suggestion, I have added those attributes but still get an error when trying to create a Skype meeting in Outlook.