unable to enable skype for business for a user

Iron Contributor

Hi All

I am using Exchange hybrid environment, so i have migrated the user to cloud, but skype for the user was onprem,  so i tried to migrate it to cloud but i could not. so i have disabled skype for the user on onpremusing the below syntax

Disable-CsUser -Identity "user1@contoso.com"
Then i went to ADSIEdit and remove the entry SRV: from msRTCSIP-DeploymentLocator:

When i try to run the below command i am getting error

PS C:\> Enable-CsUser -Identity user1 -SipAddress "sip:user1@contoso.com" -HostingProviderProxyFqdn "sipfed.online.lync.com"

Enable-CsUser : Filter failed to return unique result, "[SipAddress : sip:user1@contoso.com] "
At line:1 char:1
+ Enable-CsUser -Identity user1 -SipAddress "sip:user1@flydubai.com ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (:) [Enable-CsUser], InvalidOperationException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : ProcessRecord,Microsoft.Rtc.Management.AD.Cmdlets.EnableOcsUserCmdlet

1 Reply

@Roger Roger I suggest you start out with a Get-CsAdUser "sip:user1@contoso.com", make sure you only get one result returned.

Secondly, you didn't state the Skype for Business is in hybrid mode, did you complete all the necessary steps?? If this is missing you will not be able to move users to Skype Online.

/Kenneth ML