Unable to choose room resource accounts as presenters with "People I choose" meeting options

Steel Contributor

You cannot add Skype-enabled room resource accounts as presenters to scheduled Skype meetings in Outlook when choosing “Who’s a presenter” in Skype meeting options without first making the room a required attendee.  I opened a Business Impact statement with Microsoft, and they are looking at potentially adding it to Teams invites, but no guarantees.  I believe it needs to be in Skype invites as well.

With the proliferation of Surface Hub, Skype Room System and other Skype-enabled endpoints such as Polycom Group Series, it is important for planners of large or secured Skype meetings to be able to choose rooms as presenters in addition to individual users, without going outside of the workflow they are used to, or have been trained to use.

I created a new idea over on the User Voice site, if this is important to you please vote!

https://www.skypefeedback.com/forums/299913-generally-available/suggestions/32238301-show-resource-a...

3 Replies
Just hit this limitation myself. This was really painful for us as I wanted to use this as a workaround to create most folks as attendees so that they would not be able to use the "lock the spotlight" feature which is really disappointing and changes everyone's view to the participant that they lock-in on. Wish I could just disable the "lock the spotlight" feature.

I was not able to even get it to work by adding the room as an attendee first - does not show up in the presenter list.

I'm surprised it hasn't gotten more votes!  Maybe someone knows of a workaround that doesn't involve changing it from a resource to a user.

If you have access to MS Premier, please submit a case!

I've also been limited by not being able to apply this as well. 

I also think it would solve a audio bride issue I'm experiencing where it would allow the SRS to have a audio conference bridge assigned to the room, not the user booking it.