Total users on Skype for business

Iron Contributor

Hi y'all
Does anyone know how many companies or how many users use Sfb worldwide? I found some numbers about the usage of MS Teams, but no words about Sfb. Can anyone give me a hint?
Regards, Chris

6 Replies

It's easy to say for Microsoft about MS Teams usage, cause it's all online and in their infrastructure, it's not the same with Skype for business when companies have deployed it on-premises.
You've probably found this site already https://www.uctoday.com/collaboration/team-collaboration/skype-business-statistics/
@Chrizzly 

@Arūnas Malūkas Thanks four your quick response.

Yes, I already found this page. But as they say in the first sentence: "We’re not sure if all these are in fact true..." And I have to tell our 200+ employees something about Sfb and so I need to have some true statistics - as true as statistics can be... ;)

At least MS sould know by sold licenses. Sfb licenses are not in Office or any other package included, so they sould have an idea of how many users Sfb use.

Hey @Chrizzly - did you ever find this out? Would be a good stat to know.

@DomKent Yes, it would. But no, I haven't found that stat anywhere. Sorry...

I took a self-calculated number: Somewhere I found that 13m daily active users are on MS Teams and on the other hand I found that 44% of organisations use Sfb and 20% use Teams. So I took the 13m Teams users, extrapolated it from 20% to 44% and got the result of approx. 30'000'000 active Sfb users. And of course mentioned in my presentation, that this is an estimated value.

You may use this value if you like. But if you find your own formula, you are more behind it. ;)

@Chrizzly   

Hi Chris !

According to well known Clifford&Link. , agence digital marketing, there is aprox. 65000000 active Skype for buiness licenses. But a lot of users seems to be inactive due to some issues.  problem is definitely correlated with the recipient being signed into a Polycom VVX 500 phone running UCS 5.8.x. But from now they just solve it by Downgrading the phone firmware to 5.7.x resolves the problem. So from now the active user will raise again.

Cheers !

Rayan

Haha! Nice one, @rayan1981 ! :)

"According to well known "Clifford&Link""... With 47 customers... And the name of the CEO of this company is coincidentally the same as yours...

Sorry, Rayan! If you'd came in with facts or only some "I heard it's something around 65m" I would not have doubted your credibility. But this way... Please don't do this in Microsofts TechCommunity. There are other forums for such things...