SOLVED

Stuck on SrS with Exchange Online and SfB On Premise

Brass Contributor

I am running SfB on Premise and Exchange online.  I have gone through the docs here https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt691569.aspx.  However we are running with ADFS.  So how do I create a room in O365 while using SfB on Premise.  The new-mailbox assumes that this is a cloud only account without on premise.  If I understand it right, I have to first create the account in Office 365, THEN create the AD account then enable the on-premise csmeetingroom?  Is that really right?  What happens if the AD account already exists?

3 Replies
To update this I did the new-mailbox command, the user account was setup as @domain.onmicrosoft.com, which I could not change to @domain.com Then created an local premise AD account and ran dirsycnc, I now have two accounts, the cloud account and the on-premise account.
I agree the documentation is not very clear on this. We have the same setup as you but opposite, Exchange on-premise and SfB in O365 and using ADFS. We created the AD account, assigned it a mailbox on-premise, waited it to sync to O365, assigned license so it got SfB Online Plan 2. And that worked...
best response confirmed by Adam Berns (Brass Contributor)
Solution

So, here is what ended up I needed to do to make this all work.

1. We are still running hybrid exchange, so I had to create the mailbox (not a room) on premise, then move it to O365 then do a set-mailbox -type room

2. Because the SrS is NOT joined to the domain, I had to install the internal cert chain on the SrS.  I have now changed all of our SfB Systems to use Public certs for everyting, except the computer cert and the oAuth.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Adam Berns (Brass Contributor)
Solution

So, here is what ended up I needed to do to make this all work.

1. We are still running hybrid exchange, so I had to create the mailbox (not a room) on premise, then move it to O365 then do a set-mailbox -type room

2. Because the SrS is NOT joined to the domain, I had to install the internal cert chain on the SrS.  I have now changed all of our SfB Systems to use Public certs for everyting, except the computer cert and the oAuth.

View solution in original post