SOLVED

SRS Calendar Issues

Deleted
Not applicable

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone else has run into the "cannot fetch calendar" issue.

We just got a Logitech Smartdock and everything works fine except that you cant see the meetings on the dock. 

12 Replies

Potentially an autodiscover issue.  Are you signing into Exchange Server or Online?  Is the account setup with a resource mailbox or a regular user mailbox?

If you are using Skype for Business Online I suggest making sure you have the account configured correctly: http://blog.schertz.name/2017/01/skype-for-business-online-meeting-room-accounts/

we're using on-prem exchange server 2016 and it's a resource mailbox

If you sign into a Windows client with the same SRS credentials, so they show up correctly in the SfB client? IM, voice/video and meetings all working ok?
best response
Solution

I finally figured it out. 

the problem was that the smartdock tried to get tha calendar from an external site in the cloud instead of our own onprem site. 

I simply went to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hots and added our onprem IP to tell the smartdock where to look instead. 

Logitech Smart Dock SRS v3.1 - I am having the same "Cannot fetch calendar" issue with Office 365 (no on-premises services).  I've followed the "Skype for Business Room Systems v2: Deploy with Office 365" successfully and checked settings and they all look correct. 

I tested the room account on a desktop and it works perfectly - The Exchange Calendar Auto-Accepts requested meetings and works as it should - Skype for Business client shows "upcoming meetings" in the client, etc.

I am suspecting this may be something to do with default Smart Dock local account ('Skype') that it uses to auto-login and start up the SRS.  Are there any additional steps I may need to perform to get the account added and authenticated correctly with Azure AD?

Hi Grüner, glad you got it working.  Do you mind to tell us what was the line you added to your hosts file?  Thanks, Tim

@Deleted wrote:

the problem was that the smartdock tried to get the calendar from an external site in the cloud instead of our own onprem site. 

I simply went to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hots and added our onprem IP to tell the smartdock where to look instead. 

what host record did you add please ? we have the exact same issue all of a sudden?

For the host record, you would add your local exchnge server IP address and then the FQDN. Save and reboot.

Thanks Graham, would the FQDN look like this: [autodiscover.domain.com] ?

That is correct, just depends on your exact DNS setup etc.

Modifying a local HOSTS file should not be necessary and is not the ideal configuration.  Do you know why the SRS was attempting to connect to an external host?  If you are only using Exchange Server (and not in an Exchange Hybrid model) then it appears you have an incorrect DNS configuration.  Is the SRS using an external DNS resolver by chance?

I have been working on this issue for a number of weeks and found a specific cause and solution in my case.  From experience working on this error I think it's important to note that "Cannot fetch calendar" seems to be a generic "catch all" error.  SRSv2 is telling you it can't get the calendar information and the cause can be any number of different things like Autodiscover or account config as you can read in other posts here.

In my case, the network team at my company figured out that the problem was in ADFS.  They fixed it, but did not provide specifics, so one place that I suggest looking in ADFS logs for errors.

The software build we are using is 4.0.51.0

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response
Solution

the problem was that the smartdock tried to get tha calendar from an external site in the cloud instead of our own onprem site. 

View solution in original post