Skype Room Systems reveal sensitive meeting subject when joining

Steel Contributor

We're running Skype Room Systems v2 and by design, when someone book a conference room with SRS and marking it as Private, the meeting is set to Private Meeting on the SRS dashboard as expected. This is important since conference rooms are often in more open/public areas and meeting subjects sometime can reveal sensitive information.

SRS1.jpg

However, if any user press Join (which can be done hours prior to the meeting), either by intent or by mistake, the SRS systems opens up the meeting and reveals the meeting subject, even if the meeting is marked as Private:SRS2.jpg

This can't be right! Get-CalendarProcessing setting -RemovePrivateProperty $false so that is correct. I suspect that Exchange is all set but when SRS joins the meeting, it shows the Skype for Business Online meeting subject and there's no functionality to have this "private".

Any ideas/comments or is this something that simply has to be fixed in SRS?

6 Replies
Nobody else get this on their SRS?
I am seeing the exact same on 3.1.99.0 too
Interesting! I hope some Microsoft representative sees this and file a change for this.

Did you see any traction on this?

I am seeing the same behaviour on different systems.

Seeing the same behaviour on all our SRS and it's really annoying.

How can this be brought to the attention of someone who can fix it or tell us to live with it?

Have not heard anything and strange nobody else has acknowledged this. It was a few months ago I tested this so I will try to check if we see the same behavior on our updated MTR system when running a Teams meeting.