SOLVED

Skype Room System V2 device will not auto login to Skype for Business

Copper Contributor

I recently deployed a SRS V2 device and it will not auto launch SfB. Is there a way to achieve this without a reimage of the device? I should point out that everything is working fine. I just can't get it to auto launch SfB after the device is powered up and logins in to Windows 10. 

27 Replies
Hello David,
Thanks for your recos, Anyway the detailled infos are on the technet with the load of the registry hive with the nt.dat file and my mistake was with the quotes for the proxy value. Once removed the quotes everything seems fine for the SFB profile.

SRS v3.0.2.0 failing to login with the "Skype" profile just get a hung app experience however if I login as the admin and launch the app all works fine? Any idea's guys?

We just debugged and fixed an issue that sounds exactly like this yesterday. It will occur when upgrading from 3.0.0.0 to 3.0.2.0. Note, you should only get 3.0.2.0 if you are enrolled in our selfhost program.

We have fixed it and are validating today. Expect to see a 3.0.5.0 build posted to our selfhost ring in the next day or two. If that looks good, it will be released to everybody towards the end of the month.

So I ran into this too.  So I thought I would share my process for adding a machine to the domain.

1. The names should follow the standard server naming.  <removed>
  2. The computer account must be first pre-created in the domain.  If this is not done, the system will get GPOs assigned to it, which will cause major issues, so make sure to PRE-CREATE the computer account at : OU Path
    1. Right click on the OU and choose new computer
    2. enter the computer name, all lower case
    3. For user or group choose Domain Admins, or another user account to add it the system.  I would recommend using your regular user account <for why, the reason has been removed, but you can use any account or group>
  3. Go to the Skype Room System
    1. on the lower right corner click the gear icon
    2. click settings, the password for Administrator is <removed>
    3. Click on Windows Settings and then Admin Sign in
    4. Click on Administrator in the lower left corner and use the same password
    5. From there change the computer name
      1. Click on the Folder Explorer
      2. Expand This PC
      3. Pres and hold on This PC to bring up the context menu
      4. Choose Properties
      5. Under Computer name click Change settings on the right
      6. In the Computer Name Tab, click Change to rename the computer
      7. Enter the computer name, and click Apply/OK and reboot the system
    6. Go back to the administrator desktop like you did above
      1. This time, when you click Change, set the Member of Domain to <removed> (Make sure the computer name has already been created in the correct OU)
  4. Remote desktop to the system the username is .\admin and the same password
    1. Because adding the computer to the domain removes the auto logon, it has to be added manually.  A GPO will not add it correctly. Run the following from an elevated command prompt:

reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" /v AutoAdminLogon /t REG_SZ /d 1 /f

reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" /v DefualtUserName /t REG_SZ /d Skype /f

reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" /v DefualtPassword /t REG_SZ /d "" /f

This issue started happening to us after running the Creators Update. We are getting an error of skype-mrx:// invalid value for registry when using the Skype account, but it works just fine under the Administrator account. They are not domain joined machines and so far the only way we've been able to resolve is to revert back to the pre-Creators Update version. I hesitate to run the update again in the event that it breaks again as we need these units operational. Has anyone else seen this issue? Does anyone have any ideas on what the cause may be? Thank you!

Have you found a resolution to this yet?  We have many of these, this is the first to give me this skype-mrx:// error.

Hi Joshua,

This is how I solved the Invalid Registry option problem.

First the problem only occured on my Skype Room System after the creators update. This is the registry key in question:

cmd /q /c if exist "%SystemDrive%\Rigel\x64\Scripts\Provisioning\launch.ps1" (powershell -WindowStyle Hidden -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted %SystemDrive%\Rigel\x64\Scripts\Provisioning\launch.ps1) else (start skype-mrx://)

I believe there is a typo in this line and it should actually say start "skype-mrx:" 

To fix this I connected a keyboard and mouse to the Logitech Smart Dock (the usb port on the Surface Pro should be fine as well) right clicked on the Windows button and ran Command Prompt as Administrator. The Administrator password is sfb. From command prompt I typed start "skype-mrx:". The command ran and now even after rebooting the problem is solved. I did not edit the registry key. I am typing this from memory as I did not expect this to fix the problem so I was fairly surprized when it did. I hope this helps!

- Tyler

That fixed it for me after applying the Creators Update. Thank you!