Skype Meeting Options in Outlook - Enforce for all users

Iron Contributor

Has anybody been able to workout a way to enforce default settings for all users for the Outlook Skype Meeting Options.

I have been asked to enforce these options for all users and rather than manually having to go round and change then remember settings I would have thought there would be an option either GPO\Registry or otherwise.

Can anybody advise if they have had any success at all in finding a solution?

Ideally I would like to force the presenter option and the Announce when people enter or leave at the very least.

Capture.JPG

5 Replies

Hi Peter 

I think What You're looking for is:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/skype/set-csmeetingconfiguration?view=skype-ps

First You can check current setting: Get-CsMeetingConfiguration

Looking at that I don't think it gives the same options that I need to set like the announce when joining sounds for example.

Sorry if I have missed it but I could not see that option.

I don't even have that option in GUI. Did You try in PS with Get- to see what You have?

Capture.JPG

Just to confirm we are using Office365 not an on premise Skype server

We did this uses a Powershell logon script.

When you click remember settings it creates a registry key UserSetting (line of XML) at HKCU:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Lync\ConfAddin\*UPN*

So set the settings you want, click remember settings then have a script to do something like:

#Variable for getting UPN
$user = whoami /upn

New-ItemProperty -Path HKCU:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Lync\ConfAddin\$user\ -Name "UserSetting" -Value '**XML from Registry***' -force