Skype for Rooms not presenting to TV after system sleep

Copper Contributor

We have one of those LogiTech Skype for Rooms systems with the Surface Pro / Docking station. Ever since the upgrade from v2 to v3 of SRS the system fails to present meeting content to the TV. 

After a reboot the unit works fine. It shows the default splash screen on the TV and dashboard on the Logitech docking station/Surface Pro. I can start a video call or present from a laptop just fine. Fast forward - the unit is not being used for a while and goes to sleep. I come back 2 hours later, the unit activates. I turn on the TV and only see the (I assume) the desktop extension of WIndows 10 on the TV. I am supposed to the see the default splash screen of SRS, but only see the default Windows 10 background.

The docking station/Surface Pro shows the standard SRS dashboard. I plug in a laptop and it switches to presenting, but the TV stays on the default Windows 10 background. 

Again, this worked fine in v2, but ever since v3 came out, this is bugging us. Any ideas how to fix this?

41 Replies

For those that bought screens that support HDMI-CEC and have a Logitech Smartdock (or probably any other SRS system, but not 100% sure). There is a solution in the form of a box that converts HDMI-signal sleep/resume to HDMI-CEC. I have tested the HD CTL 100 and that one works.

I've been running into this issue with several new devices. One of the first things I do with Teams Room devices is to domain join so that I override the default admin login and require a domain admin for edits.

What I have found is that once I domain join the device, the autologin registry field reverts to No (0). When I change that field back to Yes (1), the devices will login at startup as normal and no longer go into the unrecoverable sleep mode. It's the autoadminlogin field from the following website: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-server/user-profiles-and-logon/turn-on-automat....