SOLVED

Skype for Business Online Federation

Deleted
Not applicable

I have a client using O365 and Skype for Business Online who currently have closed federation. They now want to start federating with other companies but want to control which users can federate with which companies. i.e. they want to federate with Company A and Company B and want User A to be able to talk to users in Company A and not Company B while User B can talk to users in Company B not Company A. 

Is there a way to achieve this? I don't think there is, I thought you could block and allow users from being able to talk to federated companies but if they were allowed they would be able to talk to all companies/domains on the allowed federation list. I am being told by my client that they have been told the level of control they want is possible, but have not been told how.

Cheers

Andy

2 Replies
best response
Solution

There isn't, the controls are on per-domain level and apply to all users. You can however prevent specific users from communicating with federated users altogether.

Thanks Vasil, you've confirmed what I thought.

Cheers

Andy

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response
Solution

There isn't, the controls are on per-domain level and apply to all users. You can however prevent specific users from communicating with federated users altogether.

View solution in original post