Skype for Business Online: centrally disable "conf_out" / callback?

Copper Contributor

Dear Skype Experts,

we're currently migrating to Skype Online and would like to centrally disable the conf_out / callback functionality for our users. We did not find a way so far. Is there any known solution? Powershell command?

Thanks for any information

Stefan

S4BO_callback_client.png

S4BO_conf.png

7 Replies

Hi Stefan,

there is a way to restrict dial-out calls from a conference:

There is a parameter called "OnlineDialOutPolicy" for every OnlineUser.

More details can be found here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/skypeforbusiness/audio-conferencing-in-office-365/outbound-calling-...

Regards,

Paul

Hi Paul,

thanks for your quick reply. I found that at least the GUI setting does not work as expected. I still can choose to be called back - and it does. Not sure if this is a bug or intended to be for something different. We will investigate the powershell commands...

Thanks again.

Stefan 

Some policies in SfB Online require the 2016 C2R client to be honored. I would say this is worth looking at. Will test this as well. Let us know what you found out.

Good point. We're using 2016 clients but not the latest versions. I just investigated with two different versions but behavior was similar. At least we found callback working for some meetings while others from the same organizer did not. Seems not consistent but I have something to investigate further now. I'll let you know...

Thanks

Stefan

Hi Paul,

just to confirm: it seems to be working now. We disabled the setting for all users via powershell. The inconsistency disappeared after some time. It looks like the activation needs a few hours/day to process before all meetings / call backs behave the same.

Thanks a lot for your support.

Stefan

Hi Stefan,

glad it worked. Tested this at the customer this week as well. Works via Portal and Powershell. User experience is not nice saying something like "call can not be completed". But this is the same behaviour we have with the customers on-premises environment.

Regards,

Paul

Hi Paul, you're right - the message could be better but for us the result counts. It's now behaving the same way: Online and on premise. Important during ongoing migration....

Thanks again and have a great weekend.

Stefan