Skype For Business Online - Auto Attendant

Copper Contributor

The Auto Attendant feature for Skype For Business Online was supposed to be released in "Late Summer" of 2016.   Has there been any updates on an expected release date for general availablity? 

20 Replies

It's currently in preview: https://www.skypepreview.com/

You can sign up at the preview site but you're not too late, the program hasn't started yet.  For more information you can check out the video we did on the topic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI8SFzByrro&list=PLH5ElbTc1hWTvqa_CaVedTcqQQWQpdYmu&index=25

Thanks guys - I went ahead and signed up for the Preview ( I hadn't done that for this feature yet) as I was trying to be patient and wait for the General Release.  

Appreciate the information.

Mike

Is there an estimate on public preview availability?

Don't have a firm date yet to share unfortunately. 

will this round of the preview be looking for companies with <50 lines?  I would love to participate (and have signed up) but I only have 10 lines. 

Thanks for Share!

I signed up a few weeks ago for the Auto Attendant Preview and have yet to hear anything back?  Are you guys still accepting applicants?  Also, since applying I have added significantly more Cloud PBX users but I can't see a way to update my application.

Thanks,

Preview is still planned to start this month - if you're signed up for preview then you're all good....

I was under the impression that the Preview Program was already up and running.  So the general release is probably many many months out now?  

We're planning an Office move and we were interested in using Skype For Business for calling and Auto Attendant is very important.  

Preview is planned to start this month - within weeks - and general availability is still on track for end of the year.

Hi,  it is now November -- any word on the Preview?   I am working with organizations ready to go to O365 Cloud PBX, and the only thing preventing them from moving forward immediately is the need auto-attendant.

Thanks for any update!

I'm hearing that some users have been opened to the "Cloud PBX Org Auto Attendant & Call Queues (Public Preview)" and are using it. However, my invite, which I requested back in July, hasn't yet been accepted.

I wish some could verify whether or not I have my tenant properly set up in order to qualify for this preview. I'm certain about the first two requirements, listed below. But the last one is confusing: I have users in distribution lists, but how can I set up my users in Distribution Lists for call distribution for every Call Queue if this preview feature (Call Queues) has not yet been made available to me? It seems like an impossible requirement...at least until my invite has been accepted.

But according the requirements, I will not be accepted unless my users are set up with Call Queue, but I cannot set up Call Queues unless I'm first accepted to preview this new feature. This does not seem logical. Do I understand this requirement correctly?   (My current setup is 100% Online...not a Hyrid).

Qualifications

• Active Office 365 Tenants with Cloud PBX
  • Either SfB Online and Hybrid tenant setup
  • Users, either Online or Hybrid, configured in Distribution Lists for call distribution for every Call Queue (50 users max for each Call Queue)

Hi Jamie,

Can you share some info about the GA and the rollout plan?

Will it be released globally or per region/country?

We have customers in Sweden asking for it every week now.   :)

Preview is open in North America today and we plan to have it open for Europe and Asia in December.

Any update? 

Preview has started for OrgAA in Europe & Asia - folks that have signed up are getting processed now.

Thank you for the update.  Was really hoping this feature would be available by now.  We have to make a decision on telephony very soon and auto-attendent is a must have without setting up a hybrid scenario.  

Yes I agree with you Brad. We are implementing Dynamics Operations. Does Skype for Business have any plans to work with Dynamics 365 (Customer Service). We are currently using Zendesk for call and case management. Love how inbound calls are recorded, routed, and automatically assigned a case number. Easy communication with customer. It would be great if Skype and Dynamics 365 will work hand and hand similar to Zendesk and Zendesk Voice/Text/Chat. I have seen some integration apps for Dynamics CRM and Skype/Lync however they seem very dated.